1/17 TR

AngryHugo

Oh, hello everyone. Might as well post a TR since no one else has. Got to the lower lot at about 7:35 and met up with AJeff, who was still booting up. We chit chatted for a bit, then he pointed out that TP4 was parked behind us, but he never introduced us because he's very rude. We got to hang out by the scanners for the pre-first chair BS session, when Mr Doug "I Can't Stop Dancing" GSS called AJeff to check in, most likely out of a jealousy/shame thing. Finally, the guns went off, and everyone sprinted for the chairs. I took my first warm-up run down Lazy to the Falls, all of which was nice cord. Next to Switchback, which was a little cookied-up, but not bad. Speaking of which, the word of the day is "cookie".

cookie.gif

Next run was down Nightmare/Dreamweaver. Looks like they either decided to add bumps to Nightmare, or some B-52's dropped their collective payloads onto it. The ski patrol was trying to get over them and having a rough go of it. I slipped down the side and went onto Dreamweaver, which was pretty much covered in cookies.

Now that the legs were warmed up, time to hit Main St. Upper was ok (again, cookies), and Lower was pretty rough. Took a roll through the lower park, and the jumps were all pretty nice. After that, took another shot at Lazy, which was softening up nicely. Saw AJeff and Justo on the lift as I went down Home Stretch, so I waited by the 6-pack for them. Rode the lift up with them (and TP4? maybe? like I said, AJeff is rude). "What run haven't we done yet?" "Um, Burma...?" Off we went to Burma. Apparently I had taken a different way there, because I lost everyone. Hit the lower park again. I normally have my iPod playing stuff like Fu Manchu, Slayer, Black Flag, and all that stuff. Today I was rocking British songbird, Susan Boyle, just for that extra motivation. This time, I really nailed the first jump and got way up. Grabbed a method, and though "This sure is fantastic. I'm way up in the air, all grabbed and everything. Everyone must be looking at me thinking about how awesome I am. Oh shit. Here comes the landing. I'd better let go..... OOOF!" Damn you, Susan Boyle and your mis-shapen head.

After that, got to share the lift with a father/son tandem both on snowlerblades. Teach 'em young. These two were laughing at all kinds of things that weren't remotely funny. "Look at that! It's a tire! How do you ride on a tire? huh huh huh huh huh huh." "There's a wall! How do you ride on a wall? huh huh huh huh huh huh"

As things warmed up and the humidity approached 347%, the snow was getting wet and heavy. Took another run down Main St. Upper was good, and Lower was getting piled up. Saw my buddy Mike at the 6-pack, and rode with him for a bit. Sidewinder was pretty good, but too many people that weren't there to ride the features were rambling through, which can get pretty dangerous. Ended up rolling around 10:30 as the sprinkles were about to start and since I had a bunch of junk to do at home (caulking the tub for one). All in all, a fun day. The snow wasn't the best, but when it's warm and wet, there's not much you can do about that. JADIP

• Like 2

yeah today was pretty fun. hugo, the people on the lift with us were BMTroubleMaker(korey) and our friend ryan, who may or may not be on here. the bumps on nightmare are making progress. apparently they're letting chris and jonny set them since blue doesn't have anyone with the experience to do so or something like that, so we stepped out a little bit of nightmare with them to break up the infant-sized snow boulders that blue calls moguls. they should be pretty fun in a day or two after than get packed and can blow some snow on them though.

yeah today was pretty fun. hugo, the people on the lift with us were BMTroubleMaker(korey) and our friend ryan, who may or may not be on here. the bumps on nightmare are making progress. apparently they're letting chris and jonny set them since blue doesn't have anyone with the experience to do so or something like that, so we stepped out a little bit of nightmare with them to break up the infant-sized snow boulders that blue calls moguls. they should be pretty fun in a day or two after than get packed and can blow some snow on them though.

ok, cool. It was nice not meeting you, BMT. I saw Chris and Jonny stomping out the moguls on my second run through there. They definitely looked like they were on a mission.