This weather sucks!

tarponhead

I would rather have this weather than the bitterly cold weather of a few weeks ago. It got below freezing this morning and looks to go to about 40 degrees this afternoon. It's not like it's 65 degrees and all the snow is melting. All the runs are open...6 days with no snowmaking is nothing...be happy with what we have. Again I'd rather have this weather than the bitterly cold of a few weeks ago...I prefer spring snow over blue ice.

A couple skeet spots don't mean runs being closed...they can do creative grooming.

Talk to me Tuesday next week....

It's a gaper thing to think that one rainstorm and a few mild days will wipe out a months worth of snowmaking. A January thaw around this time is a normal thing. Instead of complaining, enjoy the pleasent ski conditions.

Oh I'm out there getting plenty. Whatever. Stll rather have it 20 then 45F

• Like 1

Forecasters are calling for colder/snowier weather to move in by first week of Feb. Pattern looks to be nearly identical to what we had in mid-Dec through early Jan. Check out Herb Stevens' forecast: http://www.snocountry.com/index.php/component/content/article/41/3243.html

Granted that skiing in 40F temps are nice, but we really do need a cold blast with snow, or at least snowmaking temps, to keep things from totally crashing out. Just my two-cents.

I dunno I think thick spring conditions are much different on a snowboard than a ski I'd imagine skis cut through it much easier because of the narrowness and the way skies are ridden. I enjoy all weather conditions for what they are but heavy wet spring snow can be so choppy on a board it's ridiculous. The crazy chatter with every carve just wears you out faster. I've never skied in my life though so I have no idea what skiing in spring snow is like. Spring snow = Stay in the trees or stay in the park and work on harder tricks because falling on spring snow is so forgiving.

I'd definitely prefer winter weather nice carve able hard pack any day over spring snow but as long as the resorts are open and there's snow to shred I'm happy.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE
  • Like 1

I think we need RD2D in this thread for his opinions. Today was perfect at CBK and I'm guessing the same at Blue. It was a little cooler so all that heavy wet spring snow turned into tons of SUGAR now that it dried out . It is still a little choppy but much lighter and way easier to rip through, perfect spring like snow IMO.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

SarcasmMeter2-1.gif

Yeah but with 40 degree weather foretasted until Tuesday and almost 2 inches of heavy rain this weekend may make it a reality for a short time until they make more snow. Not really a big deal this weather just gets me nervous thinking about another season ending even though that's still a long way off. It may be a good thing though, the resorts are going to hit it with snowmaking hard once temps come back & then again prepping for presidents week.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I don't even see this weather as bad..Blue blew snow early this morning...a rainstorm isn't gonna kill things..TarpoonHead is a goober..

I just might be Doogie. This is my first season back so not to savy on some things. But at least I'm not a a-hole. over & out

Edited by tarponhead