Losing my kayak and ski companion of 20 years, sob,sob, sniff sniff

C1erArt

No, not my wife or even the truck dawg.

The old Honda Civic didn't pass inspection for multiple problems (mostly rust). 200,000 miles, a lot of memories - from two children's seats to two rocket boxes. Saw it coming two years ago when I stepped on the bumper to tie down my kayak and the bumper fell off. Never left me stranded, amazingly low maintenance.

What was nice when skiing with it was that if two SUVs pulled in next to each other and left room to open their doors, I could sneak in between and snag a great parking spot. Made a mistake a couple of weeks ago and brought my dually pickup skiing. Parked in the lower JF lots on early a Saturday, and then couldn't get out of the lots because of people parking in the intersections. Finally had to back out one of the entrances.

4300300819_0e0a9cb102_o.jpg

How old is that pic? Still looks great... take it to a private garage for inspection and she may live again...

Pic taken this morning - it was a private garage that had been pretty generous in the past, just too much rust now. Looking at a mini-van (our Sienna is getting pretty old) - need something for our golden retriever and all our gear.

What was nice when skiing with it was that if two SUVs pulled in next to each other and left room to open their doors, I could sneak in between and snag a great parking spot.

I'm sorry, but doing this really pisses me off. People leave room for a reason, not for you to squeeze your car in.

I'm sorry, but doing this really pisses me off. People leave room for a reason, not for you to squeeze your car in.

Yea thats pretty busch league. I change out of my boots at my car and theres not enough room under the driver seat for me to do it in the car - I need to have the door open. It's not just that people are trying to protect the car from scratches.

• Like 1

And what ever that reason is, that pisses me off.:rolleyes: In any case, parking at Jack Frost tends to be a free for all after it gets crowded, and the front lots can get completely full. Although people do pay attention to the no parking saw horses and roped off areas, but little else in the way of common sense parking.

Edited by C1er
  • Like 1

Vibes +++++

Contrary to what some other posters may believe there is no better car than a reliable beater. My pos has 145,000 miles on one clutch, has never let me sit and I never have to worry about making sure it looks nice.

Here's hoping that next ride treats you just as well.

i'm with you on that one.

dont have to worry about where you park it, dont have to wory about how close it is to something, park by feel, back up until you hit something....etc