Jf tr 2/6

C1erArt

About 20 f a little windy. C glade is real nice. Elevator is wind blown at top, and fluffy at the bottom. As is floyds, got going a little too fast on floyds and my ski popped of when I hit the soft stuff. The other slopes are real nice and soft.

Well, maybe 2 or 3 inches. Challenge glade was soft and controllable, pretty busy too - most runs I had to share it with other skiers/riders. A couple of micro-tots pizza wedging their way down. I don't care, I still find it pushing my limit.

Crash on elevator glade, birch 1, skier 0. Sledded out, but didn't see helicopter so hopefully it wasn't too bad. Anyone know if he was OK? JF's finest (as I know from experience), putting all their practice to work. If the pictures are tacky, I'll take them down, (but I would have liked pictures when I crashed).

4334652039_d1a088466a_o.jpg

4334654551_f7b5905c89_o.jpg

Edited by C1er

nice day at frost, not the best snowstorm, but i will take 3 inches of snow over no inches of snow. challange glade was nice with some fresh powder since its getting bumped up real good. C1 and myself pulled up to the elevator at the same time, only to find it wasnt what we expected. no snow on the top half. bummer. theres a couple of icy spots now, first hand experience with them, less than desirable results. met up with P A Ridge Racer at boulder at noon, snowdrift was nice, as was the run under black forest lift. Boulder has some cool little tree runs, hopefully they will get even better with the possibility of some more fresh on the way.

Snowdrift was really nice this morning. The snow "drifted" up around the trees and was almost boot deep at the very top. BB stayed nice throughout the day...lots of cut up powder which is always fun to plow through.

1"? I thought JF would've gotten over a foot because of the microclimate.

Why the sarcasm?

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

It did drift quite a bit. The lawn at the entrance to the lodge only had about an inch showing, which was why my first report stated that - there seemed more on the more protected areas of the slopes lower down (Frosts lodge is at the top of the mountain which is great for getting that first quick run in). The top of elevator and Floyds was swept pretty clean. The glades had a lot more - several inches. Which is why I spent all morning in the trees after a couple runs down Elevator and Floyds. I imagine with all of Boulders pine trees (even though I don't ski there much - my knees won't take the park jumps -it has to be the prettiest area I've been to) they trapped the snow pretty well.

And Frost does have a micro climate. It can be bluebird sunny where I live next to Blue, and completely cloudy and flurrying at Frost. Which is why my wife and I won't move up to the White Haven area to be closer to Frost and whitewater sections of the Lehigh and fly fishing streams. The Pocono Record's naturalist John Serrao always has articles about plants and animals on the plateau (it's not the Pocono mountains, it's the Pocono plateau) that are only found there or in Canada. Watching the local weather, they often get lake effect snow bands from Lake Erie. We just didn't get the moisture yesterday.

Having a lazy morning, will hit Frost this afternoon, so leave some snow for us.

Wow..sucks about a skier hitting a tree...I thought that sort of thing only happens to celebritys like Sonny Bono...

I'm sure all pasarers know it, but in case a newby is reading this, you absolutely 100% need a helmet to ski the glades, especially at Frost where there are a lot of easy tree runs even on the green slopes.

Edited by C1er

Just ignore the Blue fanboys... they love to troll on the JFBB threads don't they.

Thanks for the T/R's guys... I'll be back soon..

I took the weekend off to shovel the 30" + that we got here as well as have fun

playing with my little guys.

Brookhaven took the bullet on this one according to the news... lucky us it's definitely deep around here..

Dan... you've got some work to do when you get home....lol

ouch.... not good not good

is that the first serious accident this season for elevator / elevator glade??

Just curious. All the times I've been there this year it looks like a lot of the people who should be avoiding those trails are doing just that.

Accidents happen to even the best skiers though, so nothing is ever accident free.

Hope he recovers quickly.

Dan... you've got some work to do when you get home....lol

you aint joking about that one. got home at 3, and just got done.....3+ hours later, and thats with my neighbor hitting the one open spot in my driveway with his snowblower so at least i could park. i do have to shovel part of the back yard so the 4-legged one can poop, though. deep stuff, but seriously a waste when philly gets pounded and the poconos get flurries.

i saw the accident on the e-glade, probably just after it happened. brown coat, black pants, i believe, and i thought to myself that kinda looked like JFBB gear. hope he/she is ok..kind of a reality check when that happens.

frost was nice today, but the elevator really needs some love.

I haven't heard or seen of any other major accidents in the elevator or the glade this year. Every once in awhile I see people going down elevator that probably shouldn't be but I think the glade part scares people off that don't think they can do it.