The Big Air Bag

pcc25

pasr day at frost this saturday.... otherwise i would be there. this would be my first trip to frost so i'm actually kinda excited to have those guys show me around and put names to faces and such.

I'm going to blue the true.

2 weeks ago. I injured my collar bone last night when I got inverted. But, I might be down to ride Blue again this week. If you guys post up a park session roll call, I will try to make it. I'm still pissed about missing the Burton event, but whatever man. I just want to ride.

alright. are you hitting rails and boxes yet? i remember you saying a while ago that you didnt.

alright. are you hitting rails and boxes yet? i remember you saying a while ago that you didnt.

I hit them. I'm just not really into them. When riding park Early & Late season, you don't really have a choice but to hit the jibs because the jumps are shit. A lot of times I'll just do boxes/A-frames because everyone I'm riding with wants to hit the jib parks.

I love jumps, so I'm OK if I get hurt doing something I love. But considering I don't love jibbing, I'm a little hesitant about getting hurt on them.

The other thing is growing skateboarding in the city, we were always grinding and boardsliding shit or riding ramps. So, I'm not really into riding pipe/rails. You can't go FAST and hit huge booters skating in the city. So, that's what I like to do when I snowboard.

• Like 1

On a good day I can go 3 off the first to back to back 7s. Spinning all 3 in a row is definitely doable when the snow is in good shape but most days its definitely like a first to third combo. Rumor has it that the jump line was made smaller because of the invert ban being lifted so there is less chance of serious injury. I totally agree with the fact that the parks are not set up for progression but technically right now we dont even have a big park because that last jump is like 30ft max. As for the airbag and using it for progression, I personally have used it for a ton of tricks and even just to clean up some older tricks, and like 10 of my friends are all throwing some sort of invert or bigger spin in the park now because of it. Ive also heard a few rumors from park crue, Jim Daily, and the manager of the BigAirBag that Ill share with you. Nothing is etched in stone and Im not saying this will happen but here is what I have heard.

The airbag could potentially be moved to central park (as said before), and there was talk about a magic carpet lift.

(I agree with you Ashy that central is a nice place for a rail garden except for the fact that it is fairly steep to hike over and over again, and the current little setup they have next to airbag now I feel would be a better place for a hikeable rail garden)

Also, the top of the jump line where the roller is for the first jump, there is a straight line from there down to where the c box is, and they were thinking about clearing those trees out and making a straight jump line starting from where the last set of features is at the top.

I have also heard about a Superpipe within like 5 years when the pipe demand comes back up, but I dont see that as feasible.

All in all, Blue has a lot of potential, and it has a shit load of good riders compared to most mountains. Barb is doing a great job, and its nice to see someone following through with ideas. Its the end of the season basically anyway so we will see whats going down for next season shortly.

I would LOVE a tow rope or carpet to be able to session a jump line. I was jealous you got snowmobile taxi rides during that recent photo shoot. laugh.gif

What do you think about what Barb said to me the other day? It makes me nervous about getting a 10/11 pass to Blue. But, I hope everything you posted happens.

Edited by TT C6
  • Like 1

On a good day I can go 3 off the first to back to back 7s. Spinning all 3 in a row is definitely doable when the snow is in good shape but most days its definitely like a first to third combo. Rumor has it that the jump line was made smaller because of the invert ban being lifted so there is less chance of serious injury. I totally agree with the fact that the parks are not set up for progression but technically right now we dont even have a big park because that last jump is like 30ft max. As for the airbag and using it for progression, I personally have used it for a ton of tricks and even just to clean up some older tricks, and like 10 of my friends are all throwing some sort of invert or bigger spin in the park now because of it. Ive also heard a few rumors from park crue, Jim Daily, and the manager of the BigAirBag that Ill share with you. Nothing is etched in stone and Im not saying this will happen but here is what I have heard.

The airbag could potentially be moved to central park (as said before), and there was talk about a magic carpet lift.

(I agree with you Ashy that central is a nice place for a rail garden except for the fact that it is fairly steep to hike over and over again, and the current little setup they have next to airbag now I feel would be a better place for a hikeable rail garden)

Also, the top of the jump line where the roller is for the first jump, there is a straight line from there down to where the c box is, and they were thinking about clearing those trees out and making a straight jump line starting from where the last set of features is at the top.

I have also heard about a Superpipe within like 5 years when the pipe demand comes back up, but I dont see that as feasible.

All in all, Blue has a lot of potential, and it has a shit load of good riders compared to most mountains. Barb is doing a great job, and its nice to see someone following through with ideas. Its the end of the season basically anyway so we will see whats going down for next season shortly.

most of that sounds feasible, but i'd like to see the rails stay in central. it makes for a nice top to bottom park run. if the rail garden gets swapped with the airbag, it'd be a huge pain to get from sidewinder over to lower paradise to hit those last few rails all in one run. also, i wouldnt count on a superpipe happening. they've been talking about that for at least 5 years now, maybe longer, and it just doesnt make sense. halfpipes require insane amounts of snowmaking. the old mtn manager at bear told me when they still had a pipe, it took them as much snowmaking hours/gallons of water/etc to open the pipe as it did for them to open the rest of the mountain, and bear's pipe was small and crappy. there's a reason mtn creek got rid of their superpipe once they lost the grand prix; it's really had to justify it monetarily unless you're hosting huge competitions that are going to bring in competitors from far away and you monopolize the accommodations so you're making money off that too.

thats some dope info steve. great idea with just cuttin new shit out on sidewinder. i was think yesterday about cuttin out straight down off sidewinder. right where the cbowrainvagina pos is turn right - where all the old/new rails are at. just cut a straight path down that way and itll intersect with the boarder x stuff. great grade for jumps.

and there are really good riders at blue. i was there yesterday and saw every regular local crew shreddin - skiers and boarders. watching them hit stuff seeing what they were doing. they SHRED blues parks to the max everyday. they need and are ready for bigger stuff. im really stoked to see what can come out of sloth and skittles if we get a park thats above par.

thats some dope info steve. great idea with just cuttin new shit out on sidewinder. i was think yesterday about cuttin out straight down off sidewinder. right where the cbowrainvagina pos is turn right - where all the old/new rails are at. just cut a straight path down that way and itll intersect with the boarder x stuff. great grade for jumps.

there's mtn bike trails in there that would get destroyed if they plowed that. i think cutting from the dropin down to the c might work, but that would take a lot of grading. not sure that would really follow the fall line either.

gape city too.

any trail work you do is gonna interfere with the mtb trails if you plan on expanding that too. blue is a terrible mountain for layouts that you need.

i don't follow...? and yeah, any amount of trail work will require changes to the bike trails for the most part. ultimately, is sidewinder really the best trail for the park, or is there a better option in moving it elsewhere, turning sidewinder back into a regular trail, and not cutting a ton more trees? the answer's there... it just depends on whether they wanna pull the trigger, cause a lot of people would not be happy about it.

well, ive pretty much lost all faith. stopped caring once again.

they lift the invert ban - sweet!

the race team thinks the jumps are too big - they make them smaller.

since when does the race teamn have any say in the parks, and since when does park crew not have a say in race events or courses. i think the gates are too close and should be different colors.

Interesting. You used an IP back in 2008 when you created this "Method" account, and haven't used that IP associated since. But when I ran a search on that same IP, 287 posts on PASR popped up that were associated with another [banned] account. Anyone care to guess who "Method" really is?

I think Method is Barb Green.

• Like 2