Aspen, Co Report Thread

NazarethSkier

Hello Everybody...

It was another powder day here in Aspen. Today I got reacquainted with a favorite in Highlands. I had my itinerary planned out and it proved successful. Everybody heads to steeplechase and temerity early. I did the same but ventured over to olympic bowl after my 2nd run. I lapped olympic bowl with an older local and we exchanged high fives after our fourth run and we went our separate ways. One more day in Aspen and then I'm back to Blue. :rock

Powder Day! 10" of new snow fell overnight. Legs were tired but once I got in line for the chair lift it was game on. Today's conditions were amazing as it was waist deep on my first two runs off steeplechase. Runs today...Exhibition & Loge Peak(garmisch to bariloche), Deep Temerity(kessler's), Deep Temerity(broadway to no name), Cloud Nine(aerobie), Cloud Nine(aerobie), Cloud Nine(why not), Cloud Nine(alps to I-70 to t-lazy-7 catwalk to sherwood forest to nugget to park avenue to limelight), Thunderbowl(golden horn to thunderbowl)

2/22/10...another powder day...this is getting old :woot

web.jpg?ver=12668735020001

2/22/10...Good Morning from Highlands...where dreams do come true

web.jpg?ver=12668735040001

2/22/10...1st run of the day...my line down garmish :wub:

web.jpg?ver=12668735070001

2/22/10...2nd run of the day...my line down kessler's

web.jpg?ver=12668735090001

2/22/10...sherwood's forest...I was looking for GSS conducting a safety meeting...he was no where to be found :lol:

web.jpg?ver=12668735120003

2/22/10...Honeymooners in Aspen!...Wife is a Blue Mountain Ski Instructor-Husband is a Blue Mountain Race and Ski Instructor...They were a chair lift behind me on Temerity...so random

web.jpg?ver=12668735110001

2/22/10...BMR stoke shot

web.jpg?ver=12668735120001

Edited by NazarethSkier

Isn't that the logo for the Blue Mountain in Canada? Anyway awesome pics, truly living the dream powder looks amazing!

No idea about the BM canada logo. It is a legit BMR PA race jacket. My Wife & Sister went to school with the wife. She is from Nazareth. :wiggle They just got married last week and there is a video of them hitting up Blue the true after the wedding. Here it isWedding Run-Blue Mtn

Looking good for travel on Saturday...and for snow while I'm there :)

http://www.snowforecast.com/coloradofcst/aspen.html

--Next Friday (5th), and into Saturday the 6th, a high pressure ridge mostly dominates the weather with some clouds (low confidence, we may see another storm). By Sunday (7th) and into the following week (10th) 2 storms affect the area with snow each day. We will watch and see how this sets up. The unsettled pattern over the west should keep the slopes fresh through mid March at least. The rest of March and most of April still look potentially snowy.

Hope that snow heads to Montana, I'll be in Big Sky for 2 weeks starting on the 9th.

I'll be curious to hear how they are doing. They are the other side of the divide from me, I heard complaints about ice about a week ahead of our complaints. BUT they are higher and get different weather from us.

IT SUCKS HERE IN WHITEFISH. Inspo was like a bowling alley with marbles today. Almost like being back in the Poconos. Thank god we have the "back".

I'll be curious to hear how they are doing. They are the other side of the divide from me, I heard complaints about ice about a week ahead of our complaints. BUT they are higher and get different weather from us.

IT SUCKS HERE IN WHITEFISH. Inspo was like a bowling alley with marbles today. Almost like being back in the Poconos. Thank god we have the "back".

They picked up 6+ inches yesterday with more in the forcast for the weekend and next week. They seem to be doing pretty well.

hey Jeff, wanna let me crash on your floor this weekend :D

ill chip in for the room. i really wanna get to aspen, but no one else wants to go and I don't want to pay for a hotel room by myself

I'm staying at a fellow PASR member's house @ Snowmass, so no hotel for me.