Bad Feeling?

Cadillac

Is it just me or does it seem like the snow is melting awful fast?

Last few time I've been up it's been like skiing on mashed potatoes! The snow has been really dirty and (correct me if I'm mistaken) they haven't blown any real amount of snow in about a month.

I have a feeling that if they don't make a move soon we are going to have an early close.(this would suck!!!)

It's March. In Pennsylvania. Snow melts, it's normal. And you are correct, they haven't blown any snow in about a month. That has a lot to do with the 40 or so inches of natural snow we got during February. It also has to do with the fact that no ski area blows snow at the end of the season, there's no point.

The mountain will close either on the 21st or the 28th. There will still be patches of snow on the mountain into mid May. Really don't need to worry about closing early.

he's got a point; they haven't blown snow in a while, and the natural stuff definitely melts quicker. i remember a few years ago when they made snow the night before closing day, so we'll see, but it really seems like there's enough skier traffic right now for them to be profitable at least through the very end of march.

sure the top 3" is natural, but the bottom 5 feet is man made. The base they have is so freakin deep, there won't be any bare spots closing weekend as there used to be back in the days of ray tuthill.

and in those days, they just put a loli in front of it and you skied around it for the next week or two that they stayed open...

Last few time I've been up it's been like skiing on mashed potatoes! The snow has been really dirty and (correct me if I'm mistaken) they haven't blown any real amount of snow in about a month.

I have a feeling that if they don't make a move soon we are going to have an early close.(this would suck!!!)

Don't worry no ones closing early. It just seems that way because all the natural that fell and is melting, the base is rock solid it's not going anywhere for awhile.

I am worried...the snow at Blue is dirty

Great....... I love paying all that money to ski on shit! And all that natural snow was gone a long time ago!

It also has to do with the fact that no ski area blows snow at the end of the season, there's no point.

They made snow every other year.

Hope the season passes are good for the waterpark!

but the bottom 5 feet is man made.

The only place that theres that much snow is the Park. And there is a ton of it there.

Great....... I love paying all that money to ski on shit! And all that natural snow was gone a long time ago!

They made snow every other year.

Hope the season passes are good for the waterpark!

The only place that theres that much snow is the Park. And there is a ton of it there.

:killyourself:

I'd be more worried about the 50 degree weather coming up this weekend. Once we get that first warm weekend people stop going to the mountains. Once people stop going its only a matter of days before the mountains close no matter how much snow they have.

Relax Cadillac.. There is plenty of snow to make it to the 21st. Why would Blue stay open for a few weeks for us season pass holders? Maybe they will do you a favor and keep the Big Air Bag open , that's the only thing you use at Blue anyway... besides the free wifi.