Thursday 3/4/2010

method9455

Just got back

Rolled in around 11, lapped the park till I blew my break off my binding. Luckily I had another one in my car so I managed to get it on pretty good but my whole binding is just mangled... anyways got back on the slopes around 1:30 lapped the park four more times and headed out. The jump line is fun! I had a trouble a few times today getting speed.

Oh and one thing for the park crue, make the lips wider on all the features. I along with probably a lot of other do not feel comfortable coming into a feature with a three foot wide lip...

Just got back

Rolled in around 11, lapped the park till I blew my break off my binding. Luckily I had another one in my car so I managed to get it on pretty good but my whole binding is just mangled... anyways got back on the slopes around 1:30 lapped the park four more times and headed out. The jump line is fun! I had a trouble a few times today getting speed.

Oh and one thing for the park crue, make the lips wider on all the features. I along with probably a lot of other do not feel comfortable coming into a feature with a three foot wide lip...

I got up there around 1:30. I stopped in the Blue Mountain Drive In for some food right beforehand so it delayed me a little, but well worth it since I hadn't eaten anything for breakfast. I've never actually been there before.

I rode the park from 1:30 to 6 (when it closed for a comp?). With Challenge closed for bump making and Razors for race team (maybe the opposite, I always forget which is which) I decided to leave after a few regular runs.

The snow was mad sugary. Not surprising considering my car said the temp in the parking lot was 46 when I got there and 41 when I left. There was a little wind at times and it was keeping some exposed areas colder than the rest so that was sugar on crust but the park was all sugar which makes for soft landings. It also makes for mad bumps, by 3 or 4pm the two rails right after the big wall ride were completely unrideable because there was basically a mogul field all around them. The speed of the snow was fine, especially with a fresh waxing, but I sometimes struggle in that condition to keep my speed up because my feet are big and I get toe drag in the sugar. Sometimes coming off the first jump I'd just have my board sink in and my toes would slow me down (even though I was flat based) and I couldn't clear the 2nd jump.

The jump line is pretty sweet right now, my complaint is that there are so few jumps around the mountain. There are basically only 3 real jumps and they are only about 8-15' from lip to knuckle. I do really like the landings on them though. All the jumps in come around and the lower park are 0' long. It would be nice to have some small tables or a big jump some where just to mix up the sizes. I also think the first section of the park was better last year with the 3 lines, I was basically getting 2 hits in - the first rail, skip the circus crap, DFD, then setup for the first jump. Then I had to skip the two rails after the wallride because of the moguls, and that 3 box crap thingy right at the end of upper sidewinder had a bomb hole out of the opening scene of a war movie after it so I was skipping that. Then down to Central Park which had 2 good features but I'm not going to hit a wallride right there when then you would have to walk up and over the hill. So basically 3 jibs, 3 jumps, then 2 jibs for only 8 hits on that run. On a more normal day I'd be hitting those other 2 rails so 10, but still thats not many features per run, I feel like in the past there were more.

Anyway I had a fun time, this was my first real day of park riding this year and it felt good. I was very inconsistent, one run I'd nail everything and the next I'd fall doing nothing, but it was real fun to lap the park for a few hours. Especially when there are no lines and you have a high speed lift.

sounds half decent - was that the first time you used your 6 pack pass? don't forget its good all days now... :yes

Yea it was a fun day, I actually have been looking forward to spring conditions for the last few weeks.

its my 2nd day so far, but I will be there tuesday and thursday of next weekend. It works on the weekends you mean? I did not know that. I'm not sure if the weekends are worth the drive for me but if they plan to close early and I can't use them all I'll have.

i was up there yesterday afternoon too. i think i saw you eat shit on the dfd coming at it switch, nick. haha. but yeah, you are right, 3' wide lips arent fun. double that so you can actually come at the thing.

Haha ya I totally ate it on the first dfd, right to the ribs. Gnarly....