Just booked a trip to Whiteface

OutCold

I just booked 3 days in Lake Placid at the end of January. I got 3 days and nights of lift/lodging for $365 for 2 of us. It works out to $60 bucks a day for lift and lodging which is cheaper than their daily rate of $82 for just a lift ticket. We're probably gonna do 2 days at Whiteface and one at Gore on the way back since their lift tickets are interchangeable. I've never been to Whiteface and haven't been to Gore in a couple years. Let me know if there's some not to miss stuff at Whiteface. I'm pretty stoked.

• Like 1

Nice. You should be ok at that time of year terrain wise. As far as the not to miss stuff goes. I would recommend starting off by riding the gondola to ski little WF - Excelsior is a great warm up run; head back up and work your way over to upper Northway, Essex and probably the best run off of little WF - Empire. If trees are your thing then bear left into the Cloudsplitter Glade which is steep and pretty tight and funnels into the High Country Glades. (Pray for snow!) Off of the Peak there isn't a boatload to choose from but what is there is more than sufficient. Skyward and the adjacent trees are hard to pass up. If cloudspin / Niagara are open they are a must as well. Definitely work your way to the bottom for the full 3100 vert but be sure to stop at Mid Mt and ride the Mountian Run lift (not sure if that's the official name of the lift) to ski Mt. Run which is like White Lightning on steroids.

From my experience there, it's probably best to hit Lookout Mt. last. Lookout Below probably won't open if it's icy so if things soften up you may be in luck unless there's fresh snow, then you should be fine. LB is steep and narrow for about 900 vert. It's typically open later in the season. Another must ski run off of Lookout Mt. is the Sugar Valley Glades which are enormous (again pray for snow). Finish the day on the 3 mile long Wilmington Trail and you're good to go. I believe there are a few PASRs who ski WF alot (Zaldon, Moe etc) who could probably chime in a bit more. Have fun.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

your married..anyway nice..have fun

Yup married a year and a half. Finally got my wife into skiing after 3 years of trying. She's a lot more receptive to spending every weekend skiing in the winter now that she actually enjoys it too.

Nice. You should be ok at that time of year terrain wise. As far as the not to miss stuff goes. I would recommend starting off by riding the gondola to ski little WF - Excelsior is a great warm up run; head back up and work your way over to upper Northway, Essex and probably the best run off of little WF - Empire. If trees are your thing then bear left into the Cloudsplitter Glade which is steep and pretty tight and funnels into the High Country Glades. (Pray for snow!) Off of the Peak there isn't a boatload to choose from but what is there is more than sufficient. Skyward and the adjacent trees are hard to pass up. If cloudspin / Niagara are open they are a must as well. Definitely work your way to the bottom for the full 3100 vert but be sure to stop at Mid Mt and ride the Mountian Run lift (not sure if that's the official name of the lift) to ski Mt. Run which is like White Lightning on steroids.

From my experience there, it's probably best to hit Lookout Mt. last. Lookout Below probably won't open if it's icy so if things soften up you may be in luck unless there's fresh snow, then you should be fine. LB is steep and narrow for about 900 vert. It's typically open later in the season. Another must ski run off of Lookout Mt. is the Sugar Valley Glades which are enormous (again pray for snow). Finish the day on the 3 mile long Wilmington Trail and you're good to go. I believe there are a few PASRs who ski WF alot (Zaldon, Moe etc) who could probably chime in a bit more. Have fun.

I'm really into trees these days. The sugar valley glades look pretty sweet. Thanks for the suggestions.... Gives me somewhere to start.

clousplitter glades to 10th mountain glade to high country glade. way too much fun. if all of sugar valley glade is open, its crazy long, like 1 mile or so. the vertical at whiteface is pretty cool too. if by chance the slides are open, supposedly there is some pretty nice stuff over there. the slides wont open unless there is a big dump of snow.