TR 12/19/10

DiMe

Left the house around 7:05 stopped at the gas station for a small cappuccino and honey bun to start the day drool2.gif Arrived in the Sunbowl lot at 7:40 and walked over to the lift to find out they weren't loading yet. I stood around and bullshitted with the lifties for a few min but they still weren't getting the call to load, so I skated over the the Stevenson which had ski patrol lined up ready to do their sweep and allow the passholders up afterwards. That's what I get for being lazy, not wanting to park in the main lot and walk up the hill and stairs to the Sullivan. I missed out on 20 min of first tracks. I was on the 2nd Civilian chair of the day on the Stevenson, could have been first but choose to take my own chair for comfort. The guns were blazing on The Bactrain, Pharaoh and some of the connecting trails in between.

First run was down the Nile Mile which was pleasantly groomed packed man made pow. Next run was down Cliffhanger which was also very nicely groomed packed pow. I lapped the Stevenson a couple more times and hit some of the mid mountain trails that lead out near the Sunbowl and back down to the Stevenson and found a small nice wind blow pow stash about toe deep on the side of Lower Cleo. Headed over to the Sully and hit up Marjies which must have been conditioned with some nice man goodness. Continued the rest of the day doing a few runs on the Sully to the Stevenson and back. I went to take a break and get my park pass around 10 and did a lap through the park which looked legit mostly jibs with one jump on lower moores. I only dabbled on a couple flat boxes. The stoke stomper of the day was when I walked back to my car after checking out the park I realized the zipper came open on my jacket and my keys were gone sad.gif I decided to go over to the Stevenson and ask if anyone turned them in and than ride over the the Sullivan and ask them but no luck. I called my pops to see if he could bring me a spare which he did so I took a few more runs and left at 11:45. To my suprise there was never more than a minute wait in any of the lift lines the whole time I was there so I didn't mind missing out on 20 min of first tracks this morning.

Props to the snowmakers and groomers for doing an amazing job!

photo%20%282%29.JPG

photo%20%283%29.JPG

Was the first time I lost then on the hill thank god it was local. I chose a bad pocket, guess I was asking for it. Side zip pocket when I have huge velcro bucket pockets doh! Fortunately I still have 2 more spares and a key machine on the job.