Jack Frost 1/22

C1erArt

Cold (-2 by the car thermometer) and sunny, no wind. Trees had a coating of ice from last weeks sleet.

5379123306_d687df3e80.jpg

Another great day - hit the slopes at 8 AM on my Rossi 9Ss and did some groomers to get warmed up for an hour. Switched over to my PEs and did the off-piste stuff. Elevator was nice, right side was big and soft, thought I was doing great until one run when I had to wait for the developmental class of 9 and 10 year olds to clear it. Ran E-glade twice and didn't embarrass myself too much. Risk it looked prime, but I don't want to do a high-speed tree wrap. Solitude glade is getting there, could use some more snow. Did a couple of runs of the Exhib moguls - center section is getting blown out but nice rhythm on the upper section. Saw Dan a couple of times.

Run of the day, though, was C-glade. Still a lot of soft stuff in there (a couple of icy patches), and the middle line through the center of the trees is sweet, as well as the bottom section below the racing shack. The upper section of the far right side (to the right of the little trail) has some nice lines through it now. The upper exit to the e-mtn Rivershot run-out is pretty well covered (trail down to the chair lift still needs some filling in). Got to watch that merge though, saw someone almost get a high speed hammering coming out of the woods. Could use a couple of warning poles if a lot of people start using it.

A lot to do at Frost - my legs gave out before I hit One Park glade.There is always tomorrow.

Comfort reasons I guess.....rather be comfortable and cold than uncomfortable and warm.

I have a pair of insulated obermeyer pants but I like my Columbia ones better.

Yes I know being cold is uncomfortable as well....lol

Why don't you just add some base layers? I don't change my outer layers when it gets cold, I just layer up more. I'm very comfortable and warm. You should try it sometime :D

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with my ass sitting on a cold as hell chairlift for an extended period of time.

JFBB lifts are not high speed as you know and do not have those comfy ass pads that those of you who ski at blue have been spoiled with, I also ski longer than an hour and a half which means more lift rides on cold chairs than you.