Whistler Stoke...

burton71

Stoke has finally been turned up to 11. In 2 weeks me and 4 buddies leave for a 10 day long trip to Whistler / Blackcomb for some serious riding. Conditions up there have been epic the last 2 weeks with record snowfalls. So I hope that continues while we are there.

We scored a ridiculously nice (5 bedroom) ski in / ski out condo that is only a few minute drive / shuttle ride from the village which is perfect for shredding and night life.

However, the best part will be the 3 days spent at Powder Mountain Catskiing. Day 1 (3rd day of our trip) we are meeting up with another group of friends out there and will be taking out a private cat for a day of unlimited powder runs through open bowls and steep glades. 4300 acres with a maximum of 24 people riding...should be awesome.

Day 2 and 3 will hopefully only improve on that when we head up in the helis for what will hopefully be the best 2 days of riding of our lives. 387 square miles of untracked heaven. I have

stoked for you. wanted to do that last year when we were out there. and i wish we could do it in 2 weeks when we head out there again. damn.

Yeah one of the guys going with us did it last year and said it was the best time he has ever had riding. They didn't get any snow for a solid week before he went out and were still getting untracked runs all day.

stoked for you. wanted to do that last year when we were out there. and i wish we could do it in 2 weeks when we head out there again. damn.

Dude I think you're thinking the wrong Powder Mountain, or are you talking about heli-skiing? You're going to Utah, they'll be in BC...

There is a heli-op that runs out of of Powder Mtn, UT. Its mostly advanced meadow skipping but I can see where the confusion comes from.

Ya I was reading about the Utah one when we were there. In Utah I'd go with Wasatch Powder Guides from what people have told me. They have access to the terrain around AltaBird. Nuff said... On the meadow skipping, Pow Mow Utah claims like thousands of acreage that you'd never really ski in a lift accessed way. It truly is just alpine meadows used for kiting. We only skied in like a 2000-3000 acre spread of the place.

I have a few friends in Seattle who've done the Pow Mow BC heli/cat operation and rave about it.

John went to Pow Mow Utah AND Whistler last year. Bitch... Anyway, thats what I thought he was confused about.

• 3 weeks later...

Whistler was insane. 5+ feet of snow while we were there. Locals said it was probably the best week of the season by far. Cat riding was probably the most insane riding day of my life. Ball deep untracked steep powder every where. Heli was grounded due to weather so we took another cat day. Tons of pics and video to sort through I'll post some when I get some time and some rest.

Here is a shot from the first cat day. This was the top of a sick tree run that ended with a nice 4 pillow drop line before running out to cat road.

gallery_701_241_309813.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I liked Blackcomb a bit better than Whistler. Terrain was a bit more fun IMO, not saying Whistler is bad though. Check out Longhorn in the village it usually has a bunch of smoking hot Australian girls working there. The Peak to Peak is fun to do if its clear because it gives a really crazy view of the mountain.