Sat 3-19

JFskiDan

got on the snow about 10 am after getting my free pass and camel card. met up with PC around 11 am. trails by asp and rocket were the best runs. they stayed nice and skiable all day. trails on the other side like pharro were piled up pretty good by noon. good coverage on the trails, there are some spots coming through, not to bad though. the nice lady at guest services was hinting that next saturday was looking like their last day, and wasnt sure about being open during the week. watched a little pond skimming too, which was pretty comical. we left a little after 2 pm. good spring skiing.

Sorry I missed you guys yesterday.

I just got back after a really fun and rewarding session at CB. it was easily one of the best days of the season for me simply because my kid literally progressed so much in one day. We pretty much skied the entire mountain and conditions ranged from really nice spring corn to the occasional hardpack in the shady areas. CB still has a lot of snow. I didn't see many thin or bare spots. The lower part of Pharaoh was closed but that's it. The highlight was watching my kid ski rocket and margies with relative ease, definitely taking the next step. Good day.

• Like 2

I wouldn't at all be surprised with their recent trend of staying open into early April, if they made it to April, and with this cold shot coming through, they may indeed have enough snow to make it to April, but will the crowds justify a stay until April? Its always a toss up... The only thing good for them staying open later than everyone else, is that all those people that may want to still ride, but their home mountain is closed, will go there... However, even when this is the case, there are hardly lift lines... The PASR crew went 2 years ago and there wasn't a lift line to be found... Makes it hard to justify the expense...

To summarize... They will have enough snow to make it, but the crowds may not justify it... Don't count on it...

Good stuff. Its great seeing your kids progress!

Definitely. It's just as exciting watching them tackle a steep trail as it was watching them take their first steps.

I wouldn't at all be surprised with their recent trend of staying open into early April, if they made it to April, and with this cold shot coming through, they may indeed have enough snow to make it to April, but will the crowds justify a stay until April? Its always a toss up... The only thing good for them staying open later than everyone else, is that all those people that may want to still ride, but their home mountain is closed, will go there... However, even when this is the case, there are hardly lift lines... The PASR crew went 2 years ago and there wasn't a lift line to be found... Makes it hard to justify the expense...

To summarize... They will have enough snow to make it, but the crowds may not justify it... Don't count on it...

The six inches we got last night didn't hurt either. Could keep people thinking about skiing. BB should have no problem staying open well into April.