SnowEast Annual Reader Survey Results

Ride Delaware ?

Results Here

I personally think most surveys are ridiculous, but this one definitely ranks near the top of that ridiculousness. That being said, the demographic is most likely skewed toward city dwellers that only get out once or twice a year to the big resorts. However, I figured I would post this and point out some of our PA and NY resorts that made the list...

Overall Resorts

-Belleayre #3 (I like Bell, but someone seriously football batted that one)

-Holiday Valley #4 (Never been there, and it looks small, but it could be a fun local mountain)

-Bristol Mountain #5 (Haven't been there either, but a friend of mine went to school there and said it gets crowded and is mostly boilerplate, but you take what you can get)

-Hunter #9 (I dont know how it beat out Whiteface, but 6 spots behind Bell? Really?)

Favorite Resorts Under 1100' (I like this category)

-Camelback #4

-Bear Creek #5

-Elk Mountain #9

-Blue Mountain ? (Must be a typo)

Camelback also placed #9 on favorite terrain parks, while Elk also placed #8 in favorite classic resort.

Like I said, not accurate, but hey, its entertaining for mid July with 100 degree heat coming...

Still a terrible list...

True. At least it has us talking about skiing in July, during a heat wave no less.

In looking at this again for laughs. Some of it is truly priceless. According to the survey, the #3 "favorite destination village" in the East is The Killington Access road. How does a busy road with bars, restaurants and hotels constitute a "village" and how the hell does it rank higher than actual ski towns like Stowe (ranked 5th) and Lake Placid (7th)?

Bear Creek 4 spots ahead of Elk? :rofl

Edited by Ridge Racer

True. At least it has us talking about skiing in July, during a heat wave no less.

In looking at this again for laughs. Some of it is truly priceless. According to the survey, the #3 "favorite destination village" in the East is The Killington Access road. How does a busy road with bars, restaurants and hotels constitute a "village" and how the hell does it rank higher than actual ski towns like Stowe (ranked 5th) and Lake Placid (7th)?

Bear Creek 4 spots ahead of Elk? :rofl

Especially since one of the main development ideas throughout all stages of ownership at Killington (including the current one) is to create a "real" village. Look at the Northeast Passage idea... It was supposed to link up to other property that would have a village at the base. Northeast Passage gone, development never panned out, still no village...

As for Bear Creek anywhere on the list? Please... Especially four slots above Elk? I'm an Elk groupie, so I didn't want to get into it since I'm biased, but really, Bear Creek?

As for Bear Creek anywhere on the list? Please... Especially four slots above Elk? I'm an Elk groupie, so I didn't want to get into it since I'm biased, but really, Bear Creek?

Why not? Off mountain ammenities at BC are a lot better than Elk.

Edited by burton71

bear creek's gotta be on their for basically everything but terrain and lifts. their park is decent, their snowmaking is pretty good, for how much they get shafted by the weather, their grooming's always seemed pretty good, and they've got the nicest lodge i've ever been to aside from snowbasin, and they're less than an hour from philly. contrary to popular (on here) belief, they've got a lot working in their favor.

• Like 1

Lulz

Stowe doesn't have a village it has the same thing Killy does just further away. Unless you count the barry money hotel monstrosity.

Pre AIG Stowe was alot like Ascutney, living off an image and history, Stowe itself was even more quiet than now.

Killy in the Otten and ASC glory days was the best party in the state. The barn got seriously rowdy and I've never seen a place with so many skiers. Times have changed and Killy is a shell of it former self but it still is the place to party and ski on the EC outside of the reggae party at the loaf.

Killington is a ski town bottom line, it generally makes more money than Stowe, nearly all of which is related to skiing. Even Rutvegas is highly dependent on the resort. For 41 consecutive years they put skiing first and were first to open and last to close, the were the first to use the ticket wicket, they were probably the U.S. leaders in expansion and trail cutting for near 30 years, millions and millions of people got into snow sports at Killington. Stowe and about 100 other hills are in part what they are now because of Killington.

Killington has its share of problems and probably will for some time but don't discount its importance to EC snowsports, Sugarbush, Stowe, and shit even Jay pretty much copied their model 20 years after the fact.

Bear creek has everything but good skiing... :blink: a great mountain for a nonskier or noob.

Blue would be lucky to have BC's staff and groomers. The hill itself is shitty but everything else is top notch.

I've never been to BC, but I do follow their improvements, and I must say, they appear to be large scale projects that add to a resort style vibe... I will say that my criticism has been based on it's size and geography... I will probably never go there... However, Blue is bigger and I do go there... So what's taking them so long to get on the bandwagon? We all know skier visits are there...

I still can't believe u used to be a passholder at BC..no wonder you don't ski bumps..does BC have a bump run?

BC didn't have a bump run when I skied there, I don't like bumps because it makes my knees hurt and I suck at it.

I took one run with AS on main st last year and was on my ass within 45 seconds...bumps are the mtns way of telling me to go find some pow.