Blivers

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Shit is almost exactly the same.

Cascade is completely different. There a few different rails in BB, 3 jumps instead of 2. Brand new jumps in the tubing line.

Edited by burton71

I wish when we switch parks up we switch rails out when possible. We've had all the same rails/boxes in all year, just different variations. Don't get me wrong it's still fun, just some variety would be good. Also heard through the grapevine they plan on closing the 17th which seems a little early with the amount of snow they have. I wouldn't be against them pushing out the jumps if it means having snow to stay open longer.

I wish when we switch parks up we switch rails out when possible. We've had all the same rails/boxes in all year, just different variations. Don't get me wrong it's still fun, just some variety would be good. Also heard through the grapevine they plan on closing the 17th which seems a little early with the amount of snow they have. I wouldn't be against them pushing out the jumps if it means having snow to stay open longer.

I agree, I would have liked to see some different rails out instead of just moving the same ones around.

Wouldn't be surprised if they close the 17th. They started advertising the snowmobile race for the 22nd. Plus crowds are already way down and the warm weather the next few days will keep even more people away.

WHY ARE YOU CLOSING THIS WEEKEND IS GOES BACK BELOW FREEZING AT NIGHT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND ALL NEXT WEEK. god damn this place frustrates the fucking shit out of me. I can understand if coverage was super thin all around, which it might be after today, but setting a closing date a week in advance is a little bit much. Especially after they didnt open till like January. /rant

WHY ARE YOU CLOSING THIS WEEKEND IS GOES BACK BELOW FREEZING AT NIGHT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND ALL NEXT WEEK. god damn this place frustrates the fucking shit out of me. I can understand if coverage was super thin all around, which it might be after today, but setting a closing date a week in advance is a little bit much. Especially after they didnt open till like January. /rant

The snowmaking cut-off was reached last week, so it is irrelevant what the temperature will be next week...

I have been there almost everyday the past week and a half and we have barely had enough attendance to fill the first upper gravel lot on weekends let alone weekdays, even though I do not want it to end I can understand why the mountain chooses to shut down when COSTS > Income

There is a large snowmobile race next weeked which has been planned since last fall, despite the hopes of many, it is not really a viable option to stay open to skiers and riders when there are snowmobiles doing 80+ mph racing around the mountain. This is supposed to be a big event so I didnt expect to stay open.

Even yesterday while working, there are huge stretches on cascade in front of some of the boxes which are turning to complete mud. Black bear is the only run which has ALOT of snow. I agree the jumps could be pushed out and extend the season slightly with a hike park or something similar, but that is yet to be determined. ( and I highly doubt it due to liabilty and costs of still employing people to work it)

All these reasons aside, I agree it sucks bear is closing because it also means I am temporarily unemployed... but this is something people need to come to terms with because we live in PA and Bear is not a mountain that operates solely on the ski business. They will ultimately make the decisions that are most financially beneficial to the resort.

I hope everyone had as good a season as I did and I hope to see some wicked outfits for GAPER DAY this weekend!!!!! :wiggle:banana:

Coverage is very thin in a lot of spots. I would be surprised if Cascade was even open this weekend. Anyway, I would have liked the season to go a bit longer but what can you do. No crowds and warm weather really don't give them any reason to stay open. Once you get a couple 50+ degree days people stop going to the mountains. Overall, BC did a hell of job this season with the weather we had. The last 4 or 5 days up there have been great, some of the best in recent years.

I doubt there'll be selling many more tickets...it's all about the Benjamin's. I'm surprised BC is open today.

Yeah that one didnt make much sense to me. I guess I'm just bitter because I haven't had the chance to ride more than once a week for a month, and the late start didn't help. Oh well time to hit the golf course

Was there Monday night, granted it's a monday night, but when i pulled in at 3 i could see the whole mountain and counted maybe 5 people on the slopes. At the height of the evening there were maybe 20 people riding park. Here's to another fun season and what's sure to be a good time at the spring fling weekend.