Glades Reports

I would be interested to see updates here as to what the conditions in the gladed areas at Jack Frost are like when people happen to visit there and ski them.

On the rare occasions that these have been skiable in recent years, the gladed areas are the feature that attracts me to go to Jack Frost, as they have more of these than anywhere else in eastern PA. Otherwise I tend to hit the areas with more vertical.

Thanks for the welcome - I have been reading it for a while, but just joined.

I know there are reports at times in other threads, I just thought it might be good to have a place to focus on this.

It is unfortunate they do not really report on this on their web page.

• Like 1

Definitely not rare to ski them. They're open a good majority of the the season due to the amount of blow over in there. They practically blow snow in happyland (challenge glade). As of Sunday, happyland was still OK, thin however the further you go in. T bolt glade was rock city. Elevator glade had a skiable path. One park glade was decent. Risk it was completely not skiable. Janes glade and the mad trees were thin. Unless we get a serious storm they probably wont blow again so they'll only get thinner at this point. We shall see.

Thanks Ridge Racer - that's eactly what I was looking for. It's hard for me to know how rare it is since they don't list anything on the reports.

Hope we continue to get such reports here from time to time from tree skiers.

So I'm guessing by Friday (when I am thinking of going for the $9.33 WMMR deal), there will not be a lot of glade action unless we get a dump.

Thanks Ridge Racer - that's eactly what I was looking for. It's hard for me to know how rare it is since they don't list anything on the reports.

Hope we continue to get such reports here from time to time from tree skiers.

So I'm guessing by Friday (when I am thinking of going for the $9.33 WMMR deal), there will not be a lot of glade action unless we get a dump.

Word of advice. If Friday is your only day to go, get there early. It will be apeshit by 10am.

I went there on the WMMR day (in January) and skied East Mountain for 4 hours from 9-1 with no lift lines to speak of.

That's usually the case. Friday is the cardboard classic which brings even more drunk idiots than the previous WMMR days.