Camelback Rangers

Papasteeze

I think you underestimate the stupidity of children.

granted you are right about them being stupid. but the rail bow rail sits about 6 to 8 feet tall when not stuck in the snow. so on top of a four foot mound that's a pretty big feature for camelback. I know it's not huge, but pretty big. look at mtn creek. now i've only been there a few times but I rarely saw little shits in the park cause most of the stuff is huge.

oh yeah, and I don't think blue even has rangers. I've been off trail and on trails they were blowing on so many times at blue, I think they even lift the lines for you at blue.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to pretend that the stuff isn't intmidating... as a relatively new skier, I'm not only not ready to be in the park, but pretty terrified of what I could do to myself if I did have that random lapse in judgement. All I'm saying is that you're going to get your 5-10th graders who are there with Mom and Dad who think it's cool, regardless of the fact that the stuff looks scary as hell to them. I was a camp counselor for those age groups, and those kids were by far the dumbest I've ever seen. They'd look at something, point out that it was scary as hell and they couldn't do it, and then do it anyway. I'm all for the park pass idea because at least some parents are going to stop their kids from getting one because they don't know what they're doing.

If they make a park pass, do you think they could put in a swim test to enter camelbeach? It would make my job next summer about 12000x easier...

But as far as park passes, I would be too cheap to spend $5 to go into the park, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be in there either...I like to go in there every once in a while, and play in the halfpipe, or hit a few jumps, or you know ski of the frontsides of rails cause those make a good jump ;)

If they don't let me in the park when I want to jump, then maybe I'll just go jump over the n00bs on marjies...

Anyway I just had an idea....Have a park pass for Saturday and Sunday 8-5 or so...When the most n00bs are out...This would keep them out, not cause CB to have to constantly pay someone to watch the park, but still let other people in when its not as busy

Anyway I just had an idea....Have a park pass for Saturday and Sunday 8-5 or so...When the most n00bs are out...This would keep them out, not cause CB to have to constantly pay someone to watch the park, but still let other people in when its not as busy

now there is a good compromise! makes sense to me.

If they make a park pass, do you think they could put in a swim test to enter camelbeach? It would make my job next summer about 12000x easier...

But as far as park passes, I would be too cheap to spend $5 to go into the park, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be in there either...I like to go in there every once in a while, and play in the halfpipe, or hit a few jumps, or you know ski of the frontsides of rails cause those make a good jump ;)

If they don't let me in the park when I want to jump, then maybe I'll just go jump over the n00bs on marjies...

acculy that sounds like a good idea.

Another time I was on old school 198 K2 Fours and I poled at the top of Marghees to get more speed and they stopped me and told me I had to make more turns. I was making GS turns and I was the only one on the trail. I have skied fast yet it control forever and never been warned about it.

i dunno maybe i just get lucky but i dont make any turns on the black and the patrolers dont seem to care :nana

Trust me I'm to not trying to start anything here lol, but whats the deal every now and then with people riding of the sides of kickers that are meant for rails/boxes? I guess its just a pet peave for me being a park rat, but after a few people do it it tends to kill lips. Whats wrong with the jumps? and no im not going to stop someone if they do that in the park lol, but i know it angers almost every local rider who is waiting to hit a rail/box.

Trust me I'm to not trying to start anything here lol, but whats the deal every now and then with people riding of the sides of kickers that are meant for rails/boxes? I guess its just a pet peave for me being a park rat, but after a few people do it it tends to kill lips. Whats wrong with the jumps? and no im not going to stop someone if they do that in the park lol, but i know it angers almost every local rider who is waiting to hit a rail/box.

If your talking about my last post, that part was sarcastic.

If your talkin in general, its cause people don't know/care :o

Steeze got yelled at a bunch of times for trying to retrieve polka dotted boxers that wouldn't stick in the bra tree at CB.

Funny to watch a little grom hopping over logs with Pink polka dotted boxers while a ranger overhead hollers, GET OUT OF THERE!!

Tip: you need to roll the legs to the elastic and get them to fly like frisbees to get them to "stick"..

POLKA DOTTED Undergarments=PASR was there!!!!!

I read the thing earlier about ATOMICSKIER and the golf shoes in the car in winter and that is just wrong. I think I'm in like stage 27 skiing withdrawl right now.

Get your ski gloves out, soak them in water and then put them in the freezer for 30 minutes and then put your gloves on. It might help with some of your withdrawl symptons..

mountain creek has a panty tree... it was almost totally covered last year... i agree that every resort needs one!

yeah i saw creeks last year.. pretty sick haha i remeber seeing one at Stratton forget on what lift though..

creeks bra tree is an easy toss from that lift.. and yes... every mountain needs one haha :naughty

Edited by brtndominant