Jack Frost 1-3-14

Got here at 9am. Most of the trails are groomed sadly but the right side of river shot, elevator, trees, left side of exhibition, and one Park trees are powder city. Those areas are getting tracked out now but enjoyed a little floatation early on. It's a WMMR day but the majority of people here are decent skiers and riders enjoying some fresh snow. The suns shining and as Bono once said, it's a beautiful day. Pics later.

• Like 2

Posted Image

Powder shot on the elevator.

Forgot to mention that Floyds was "closed" which I couldn't understand but there were plenty of tracks which, for the life of me, I just can't figure out how they got there. Happy land was great. Still some exposed rocks to be aware of. We found plenty of untouched on one Park and the very left side of exhibition.

• Like 1

Fun day for sure, but definetly one of the coldest days i have ever skied with the wind. i have skied on MMR day before where it turned ugly by 10:30, but today was really just like any other weekend day. Not too much camo and jeans today, i would say todays temps help to keep people in the lodge or at home. Unfortunately they did groom 90% of the trails. Fun stuff at frost is always in the trees and the elevator. Challenge glade is still sketchy in some spots, it would have been nice if there was a better base further in the trees, but much of todays crowds were not real interested in tree skiing. Floyds was closed, but it sure did look like it was open to us. we had a short discussion with patrol on the meaning of different signs posted on the mountain, when i neglected to stop at the top of floyds and actually read the posted "closed" sign, which really looks alot like the "ungroomed" sign to me.

i was curious as to why it was closed, since i had skied it two days prior, but they mumbled something about snowmaking equipment on the slopes (not), and management was looking after our well being. Before i made any more skiing faux-pas, i asked them if it was ok to ski the elevator glade and the elevator, to which they said that was fine. So, its ok to ski around trees in the elevator glade, and all the boulders in the elevator, but not ungroomed snow on floyds......got it.

it was really just too cold to have the hands exposed today, so pics are somewhat limited. My Iphone also has a new feature that turns itself off when its feels lts too cold out.

Happyland

post-1753-0-72218800-1388787402_thumb.jpg

Elevator

post-1753-0-50886700-1388787465_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-84889400-1388787564_thumb.jpg

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1