$50 for 2 Shawnee lift tix good any day this season

Ski2Live Live2Ski

You can purchase a Mountain Sports Club Premium Membership for $50 that includes 2 Shawnee lift tickets good any day this season. While Shawnee is a bit tame for me to ski on my own, it is a great place to take my kids (who started skiing just last season). And with Shawnee's policy of letting kids under 46" ski free with a paying adult, this becomse a steal, as three of us will get to ski twice for a total of $50

Membership also makes you eligible for deals at a wide range of other resorts, though Shawnee is the only one in PA (2 for one on Superbowl Sunday at Shawnee is another deal you get with this membership).

http://www.mountainsportsclub.com/

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If we have snow like last season the glades policy is "be safe and try not to get hurt". Other than that ...go. Growing up skiing all these hills I still find more stashes at Shawnee then anywhere else. Have fun.

Care to give any hints where the stashes are?

Planning to use one of these to go to Shawnee with my two under 46" kids this weekend. Cant beat getting 3 of us on the snow for a total of $25. Gonna spend more in gas and tolls.

Post a report. Shawnee doesn't get much love from the PASRs. I still haven't been there. I used to go to Shawnee place when I was a kid. Little fun park at the base with random things for kids.

Not a place I bother skiing on my own but a great place to go with kids. Sounds like they will just have one green top to bottom run off the high speed quad (and the school slope) open this weekend. But that should reduce the crowds and be fine for the first day of their skison. At least it will make it harder to lose them :-)

And conditions should be great as they seem to be in the area where 10 to 12" are forecast.

Pennsylvania and Little Cloud will be open. Don't kid yourself it doesn't take long to pack traffic on just two trails. If it gets busy and I have this feeling it might, it could be a real shit show.

Then again it is early and typically in past years the Thanksgiving weekend  crowd is mild. Sure wish they had more open for ya'. The kids will have a blast. You're gonna' be like WTF? Best news of the season is the downstairs bar now takes plastic. Sweet.

As far as the stashes....well you're gonna' have to come back and get a guided tour. If I post'em on line they won't be stashes anymore.lol

• Like 1

Important thing is he was out there with you....

My wife is a strong level 2 and that's all she aspires to be. She's a cruiser kinda' gal and it just kills the kids to have to pop out of the woods or off the steeps to take some cruiser runs with mom. lol :killyourself:

....important thing is she's out there.

Great day with the kids at Shawnee today. 11 top to bottom runs, no lines, soft snow, and they learned the new skill of riding the lift unaccompanied. Called it quits when their legs did.

They are starting this skison better skiers than they were in April :-)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...