Hunter opening 11/21

Ski2Live Live2Ski

hunter usually has hellgate and broadway open...if it's ttb they'll add in kenndy drive.  it's all black/blue terrain. if they are open, we're planning to head up.

Thanks for the 411.

I'm thinking about it.

No one else in the cats will be open?

Gore seems to be the closest place other than Hunter that will be open before Black Friday

I'm not going to hunter for WROD. Been there done that.

What's WROD? And why do you feel that way? Never been up there that early myself. Is it due to crowds? I'm actually most likely to go up Monday the 24th when crowds would be smaller and prices lower (particularyl as I grabbed a Big Lift card which gives deep discounts on weekdays).

Thanks for the 411.

Gore seems to be the closest place other than Hunter that will be open before Black Friday

What's WROD? And why do you feel that way? Never been up there that early myself. Is it due to crowds? I'm actually most likely to go up Monday the 24th when crowds would be smaller and prices lower (particularyl as I grabbed a Big Lift card which gives deep discounts on weekdays).

The worst people in the world split there skiing time between huntah and mt creek

• Like 4

the last time we were there on opening day there were no gapers to be found......typical of early season skiing at most hills.  that said, I do agree...hell gate isn't one of my fav runs either.....but, at least it's skiing and that's what I care about right now, lol.

If they have the snowmaking system going full bore and have the guns dried out, it can be a blast. Patrol is real liberal about closed terrain early season and most of the time they don't even rope off the trail. They put a little sign that says closed beside it. Should say open for poaching. Unfortunately, the clientele is mostly dickish and the crowds descend en mass. Since there is only the HBK route or Belt Parkway off the top, it becomes an icy hell on the top 3rd until you get to where the trails fan out. However, if I were jonesing hard enough, I would still go.

WIndham says they are opening Friday the 21st and currently making snow on Upper & Lower Whistler, Warpath Chute, Wide Connection, Upper & Lower Wolverine, Warm Up, What’s Next, Lower Wall Street, Wooly Bear, and Whisper Run.

Plattekill has a pretty lame snowmaking system and gives no indication they are opening soon

I remember windham having some of the best variety of terrain open for opening days in the past.

From what they are making snow on it could be two top to bottom runs (one intermed, one expert) as well as some lower mountain stuff, so its not that different from Hunter.

The nice thing is that having three Catskill places open should reduce the crowds at all of them

From what they are making snow on it could be two top to bottom runs (one intermed, one expert) as well as some lower mountain stuff, so its not that different from Hunter.

The nice thing is that having three Catskill places open should reduce the crowds at all of them

Perhaps. Just the season passholders alone will likely clog up the available roots.

• Like 1