Boulder 11/30/14

phillycore

My son and I went to BB on sunday.  Was much better than being at CB on saturday.  we spent most of the time between the Blue runs and the Park,  no wait ever at lifts, However park started to get crowded later we stayed till bout 5p

very good day there.  They mentioned JF was scheduled to be  open 12/12

It's kind of a disservice to their pass holders who buy a pass solely for JF. but what do I know.

It's kind of a disservice to their pass holders who buy a pass solely for JF. but what do I know.

Not really Jack Frost operates mid December to mid march and big boulder November to April. It's been like that as long as I can remember. Anyway I personally think the big boulder trail at big boulder is better than any of the non east mountain terrain at frost.

i dont think anyone other than GSS has made the call yet as to when Frost will open.  I think they could open this coming weekend.  Will they?  Probably not, if the forecast for this weekend looks the same later in the week as it does today.  As much as i want Frost to open, it doesnt make much sense to open if the forecast for the weekend is rain for 75% of the time they are open.  

I didn't ski JF/BB before I joined PASR with the exception of one time with my uncle in 1994 who was a patroller at Jack Frost...all I remember from that visit was that the runs were short as fuck. I don't think the elevator was open then or tree skiing though.

It's only been that way since peak took over and made BB a glorified terrain Park. Blue Ridge always opened frost first.

That's interesting!!!