JF Tuesday

JFskiDan

Looks like a pretty nice smathering of man made snow on almost all the trails overnight. Currently blowing on western slopes lime frosty and janes. Blowing on lower exhibition and challange. Challenge is sweet and the trees are slowly getting filled back in.

post-1753-0-68141500-1419949642_thumb.jpg

Snow was great for my 745-1045 session, never more than a one minute wait in the lift line. When i went back out from 1-4 it was sugar on top of ice, with 2-5 minute waits in the lift line. I do love JF, I just wish there was a couple hundred more feet of vert. Parked front row of the free section in the AM and in lot 7 in the later session. VIP parking is $10 this season.

Over all a pretty decent day condition wise. When i left there were a few areas that were getting a little scraped off, but still a little grippy.  3/4 of the day was spent on Challange, as there was a fair amount of new snow laid down there.  it was a little slow, but i spent most of the time playing on the side of the trail in and out of the trees and just off of the main trail.  Crowds were a little less than normal for the holiday week.  

The whole scanning season passes is pretty much a joke with the lift attendants at this point.  most times it looks like they are trying to land low flying aircraft, or using a hand held metal detector, just kind of waving it around in hopes the thing will scan.  I swear that they picked up RidgeRacers pass from Blue with the thing as well.  this persons time would be spent better attempting to organize the lift line, and helping people count to 4.  The scanning of season passes, but still having paper day tickets is odd to me.  But, the direct access to the slopes is choice.  

I have been at Boulder 6 days this season and have only been scanned about 5 times. At jf today the guy holding the quad chair was also doing the scanning. Most times he was hitting my daughters 4 and under pass that was in my pant pocket, but never questioned me about it. I'm glad I spent $2200 on passes this year. it is nice having direct access to the slopes. I don't know how they survive with so few skier visits per day.