1/3/15...carpet...crowded...snowing

i rode wednesday from 2:30-5:00. It was cold as shit.  The wind was fucking awful.  Every trail was icy death except paradise.  razors was open when i got there and challenge opened at 3...it immediately sucked.  that being said, i had a great fucking time and im glad i went

They generally blow pretty crap snow so not surprising.

Blowing on Sidewinder, Dreamweaver and upper main st. Groomer working on the lower parks.

Next time it's likely to be over 30 is Wednesday. Everything should be open this weekend with the exception of features on Sidewinder.

• Like 1

I'm going tomorrow 1/9 hopefully its not ice blue mountain.

Hoping they got a lot of coverage with the guns. even suppose to be chance of snow flurries tonight into tomorrow morning.

At least all the mountain is open having Burma open will balance the load from paradise.

Saw some PASR's braving the cold last night. At least it must have been. The orange and blue streaks flying down razors could be none other than Jeff & Johnny breaking the atomic laws of physics. Single digits cold last night with epic surface grip. MattEdge and I met up at Barneys and the bumps were surprisingly fantastic. Basically skied razors, challenge, and Barneys all night. Never hit up switchback but whatevs.

• Like 4

Saw some PASR's braving the cold last night. At least it must have been. The orange and blue streaks flying down razors could be none other than Jeff & Johnny breaking the atomic laws of physics. Single digits cold last night with epic surface grip. MattEdge and I met up at Barneys and the bumps were surprisingly fantastic. Basically skied razors, challenge, and Barneys all night. Never hit up switchback but whatevs.

Switchback was total dog shit..COOKIES......Challenge was the best, Razors a little more chunky.

Riding new skis and I had weird grip going all night, one run down challenge and I got perfect, next run with a similar line no grip......gotta be a tune issue but man was that weird.

Switchback was total dog shit..COOKIES......Challenge was the best, Razors a little more chunky.

Riding new skis and I had weird grip going all night, one run down challenge and I got perfect, next run with a similar line no grip......gotta be a tune issue but man was that weird.

Oh wow. Guess I didn't miss much.  Shame because switchback is one of my favorite trails.

The only thing I can think of regarding the issue you described is if you move your center of mass drastically enough between the two runs you may get a different effect on the ski.  i.e. if you get too aggressive and move too far forward, your skis can "wash out" on you and this effect is probably amplified by tail rocker.

Edited by thedude4bides

Oh wow. Guess I didn't miss much.  Shame because switchback is one of my favorite trails.

The only thing I can think of regarding the issue you described is if you move your center of mass drastically enough between the two runs you may get a different effect on the ski.  i.e. if you get too aggressive and move too far forward, your skis can "wash out" on you and this effect is probably amplified by tail rocker.

I thought that too, or the last two pair I've been riding are big reverse camber jobs...ehh who knows ?.....I'll give them a tune and see what happens.

I thought that too, or the last two pair I've been riding are big reverse camber jobs...ehh who knows ?.....I'll give them a tune and see what happens.

What are your new skis?  I'm too lazy to stalk your posts to see if you posted elsewhere haha

203?!  You are OFF THE CHAIN;)

Long skis truck short skis suck...who am I kidding my Shiros are only 193s...and my longest skis ever were 198 K2 El Caminos...the race head we met this past Saturday has 213 downhill boards that he plans on taking down razors sometime this season on an uncrowded day...that would be fun.

My Mantras at 96 underfoot feel like toothpicks compared to the shiros. I was finally on them this last weekend.

Long skis truck short skis suck...who am I kidding my Shiros are only 193s...and my longest skis ever were 198 K2 El Caminos...the race head we met this past Saturday has 213 downhill boards that he plans on taking down razors sometime this season on an uncrowded day...that would be fun.

My Mantras at 96 underfoot feel like toothpicks compared to the shiros. I was finally on them this last weekend.

different skis require different lengths. Jeff's SL skis would be borderline unskiable in a 180 or 190 something length.

Also, 315mm bootsole. Sounds like it's demo weekend!

different skis require different lengths. Jeff's SL skis would be borderline unskiable in a 180 or 190 something length.

Like a super metron kind of.....that would be super interesting

317.  They will probably make my kendos feel like toothpicks haha

They aren't hard to ski, easy to get up on edge, easy to wiggle.

I'm 6'0" 175lbs and not a former WC racer so I need a bit of a hill to really carve them, on lazy you can feel the 33 radius on Main St with considerably more speed you can't.

Considering you have PSIA background you may find them easier to carve at slower speeds.

They were a science experiment of sorts, see how much rocker can compensate for length. Also I have a pair of Bsquad 104's that are a 36 radius that are super difficult to ski, you have to leg them all the time so I wanted to see if it was the radius or the ski.

It's crazy that Main Street is too steep for AJeffs SL skis!!!

Johnny law you're 6 feet tall??? I don't know about that...hmmmm..as for being 175 pounds, that's the main reason you are so slow!!!

I was 187 pounds 11 years ago.

huh? It's not. I've skied SL skis on main plenty of times. No steeper than raceway head wall or razorback/razors 2nd head wall, and they have slalom races there.

Wow just wow...

FYI I'm only skiing tomorrow so I can start a new report thread cause this shit is getting out of hand. Like 150 posts...this shit is historic.post-512-0-80953400-1420839877_thumb.jpg