1/19/2015...MLK day..empty..nice snow..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 740am and it was a ghost town as the herb tourons weren't there, alot had work and midweek season passes weren't valid. Plus it rained yesterday which I know scared away some of the fence sitters. First civilian chair with Indiggio. Chairlift was a little crispy as the temperature was right below freezing. First in on Razoes was super nice..fairly soft cord with a little bite still. Second run on razors was the same. Then Nightmare to Dreamweaver which was sweet. Switchback may have been the run of the day as it was just so smooth like a carpet and no people.

Around 9am I saw Matt Edge and skied with him..did more switchback lightning fast..tested Barney's bumps and they were solid..and did challenge and razors. Razors firmed up as I believe the temperature initially dropped a degree or so. Matt edge and I then had a dirt wolf in the still empty lot. Then Edge wanted to try my Shiros so I traded them for his Rossi's which are 178cm and 88 underfoot with rocker. Wow they seemed tiny but were very playful and Matt liked my skis on switchback the best. Then we went to Matt Edge car in the upper lot for stone IPA. The ticket line inside the summit

Lodge was super long but lot wasnt even 2/3 full..everybody just seemed to arrive at once.

After beer break I skied the chute to lower Main Street to Central Park. All very nice and no real lines for the quad or six pack. Ended with a few more razors and switchback runs. Switched skis so today skied mantra, rossi carvers and shiros. Tried the bumps again and still firm. Quit at 12:30pm boots feeling great..mad goldilocks temperature up to 37...got some Popeyes chicken on way home. JADIP. Maybe powder Wednesday night!!! Stayed tuned.

• Like 2

Bumps were horrible all day, so it was lap Razors all day since we don't normally get to ride it.

Also because it was so empty in the morning, you could do high speed runs and catch long air off the rollers and Razorback which had a nice inside lip.

Also did a lot of laps through Sidewinder to get some big air off the landings.

Best groomer day of the year so far with surprisingly good snow and even rode the triple for some extra GNAR points.

Bumps were horrible all day, so it was lap Razors all day since we don't normally get to ride it.Also because it was so empty in the morning, you could do high speed runs and catch long air off the rollers and Razorback which had a nice inside lip.Also did a lot of laps through Sidewinder to get some big air off the landings.Best groomer day of the year so far with surprisingly good snow and even rode the triple for some extra GNAR points.

Why did you ride the triple??? I went through Sidewinder park once...so you ski the flat part of the jumps and then air the landings..that's progressive...I wonder why they never built lips. I did ski through the park once but didnt notice the jumps I pretty much just wanted to get off that run and get back on trails with better snow.

Why did you ride the triple???

Just because it's there and never rode it before.

I went through Sidewinder park once...so you ski the flat part of the jumps and then air the landings..that's progressive...I wonder why they never built lips. I did ski through the park once but didnt notice the jumps I pretty much just wanted to get off that run and get back on trails with better snow.

Yeah, they don't have the actual jumps built yet on top of the landings, so we were just hitting what will be the knuckles and catching air of that.

I presume they'll round the knuckles as they're pretty pointed right now and will send you to the flat with enough speed.

I wonder if they can blow a whale on the landings and then push it our or do they just blow wherever and push up the jumps?

Bumps were horrible all day, so it was lap Razors all day since we don't normally get to ride it.

Also because it was so empty in the morning, you could do high speed runs and catch long air off the rollers and Razorback which had a nice inside lip.

Also did a lot of laps through Sidewinder to get some big air off the landings.

Best groomer day of the year so far with surprisingly good snow and even rode the triple for some extra GNAR points.

I checked out the bumps on my in last night after racing and you could literally see your reflection in the troughs.  They probably mowed them down and re-seeded.

Edited by thedude4bides

Indiggio did you take the magic carpet to get to the triple??? I never realized how set back that lift is.

No, attendant there wouldn't allow us to.

We had to pike it up the small training hill.

I checked out the bumps on my in last night after racing and you could literally see your reflection in the troughs.  They probably mowed them down and re-seeded.

The troughs were glacial yesterday.

They hadn't been reset since last Monday.

Hope he resets them Friday night.

No, attendant there wouldn't allow us to.

We had to pike it up the small training hill.

The troughs were glacial yesterday.

They hadn't been reset since last Monday.

Hope he resets them Friday night.

they are in dire need of a reset. How do they usually do it? Seems like a reset for Friday, ski them in a bit, then blow a bit on the Friday night would make them perfect for Saturday morning, no?

they are in dire need of a reset. How do they usually do it? Seems like a reset for Friday, ski them in a bit, then blow a bit on the Friday night would make them perfect for Saturday morning, no?

Agree. I don't know why they've left them for so long other than knowing the weather was going to be shit Sunday and decided not to put the effort into them.

Usually he sets them for Fridays or Saturdays, probably depending on time, forecast, desire, energy, amount drank previous night, etc.