MRG 15-feb

tarponhead

Wanted to go to MRG because never skied it with this much snow before. Also figured single chair would be a sure bet against wind hold. Nope, single wAs on wind hold all day. But double was plenty good. -5F and only -18F with windchill so for day 3 of our artic expedition it was fine. Seriously, there were almost as many kids as adults out there having a hoot. (Pet peeve about sensationalist news coverage saying "don't go out"). Did some woods but mostly stuck to bump runs as son #2 schooled me on the ways to rip lines on the natural bumps. Skied until 3. Hit the road. Home now.

Seriously, all you young (under 35 to me) dudes at blue, hop in your vehicles and drive north. Vt is pretty amazing right now and should be for the weeks to come.

Canyons lands ( spent a bit of time here)

post-3245-14240564792834_thumb.jpg

post-3245-14240564939359_thumb.jpg

Taken before iPhone shut down from cold like majority of trip...

• Like 6

All the rocks are rounded off so it doesn't matter......looks tasty.....VT is the place to be this year.

I guess what I was trying to say is they rely heavily on natural snow?

Agreed though, vt is the place to be this year. I keep seeing articles on how crazy the snowfall in the east is this year

#1 son at UVM. Gives me an excuse

I thought you were only touring schools, didn't know he was attending already. Nice, man, something tells me if he went to school in Rhode Island, you wouldn't be visiting as much! Lesson to future parents: Send your kids to a ski state within driving distance!

• Like 1