JF Sat 3/21

C1erArt

Been pretty quiet here, I may be the last man standing at Frost.

Was out Monday, very soft but not slushy - spent a lot of time of Exhibition bumps trying to stretch my skills a little.  Wednesday was frozen again, with a pretty strong head wind.  Anything not groomed was solid.  Today things were more like spring skiing, although I got pretty cold on the mountain.  Very quiet at 8 AM, but things picked up quite a bit before I left at 11:30.  No lift lines anywhere, but they were selling tickets.  T Bolt, Challenge and E Mtn were groomed but very soft, and got rutted up after a little bit.  Went back to Exhibition - the left side was all left ungroomed, so did a half dozen runs or so there.  With the frozen conditions, the bumps were a little under utilized this year.  Cloudy, snow showers and never got above 34 or so.

E9B3D864-1AA3-4FE1-B101-6FDA499A4D8B_zps

• Like 1

tinymoose and i were at jackson frost today with our friend wendy.  conditions were really nice in the morning.  the snow was very fast for being wet. once the fresh stuff was piled up, the scratching underbelly was revealed, but it wasn't bad at all. floyds was in great shape, especially skier's right.  took two runs down the elevator and each was really fun: soft piles of bumps with crusty but edgeable exposed base.  the bumps on exhibition were really really nice between mid-morning and 2pm. tons of ppl were skiing the crap out of these bumps and as the temps rose, the fluff on the tops of the bumps got packed down.  around 3 pm it started to get slow and a little slushy on the flat areas.  called it quits around 3:30 and apres was held in the legendary e2000 lounge.

tinymoose bought a set of line future spin shortie's (147cm) this morning and she had a blast on them today.  i borrowed a friend's pair of elan amphibio rib sticks (176cm).....holy crap are those a fun ski.  at 70mm under foot i was suprised at how well they handled the cruddy snow, while on edge and on flats.  super grippy, supper turning, very hooky, and needed a few runs to get used to them....but once i did get used to these skis i was having a blast.  i took these things all over the mtn and really had no problems at all. 

tomorrow it's montage for us. 

ski on my friends, ski on.

no, i think they will be open next weekend.  i asked the guy at the ticket window and they said that jfbb is gonna make the call after this weekend as to what they are doing.

ETA.....elan amphibio rip sticks, not rib sticks, lol....

Edited by guitar73