JF 1/15/2016

C1erArt

True but I'm talking about frost specifically... It's a "staircase" type of mountain (flat, pitch, flat etc). I would assume that's not the best terrain for racing (speed) . I have no idea however as the extent of my racing is the bronze freaking medal that I won in NASTAR at Montage.

That's fine for racing.

While I agree with everyone...sucks that some of the best terrain at frost is limited during prime ski time, If I can play devil's advocate here for a moment, where else could you put a JFBB "race team" ? No trail IMO at JF or BB is conducive to racing. While I hate the fact the the racers close off Razors, razors is a true race trail so I can understand somewhat. For better or for worse (definitely worse in this instance) I think they're trying to make the best of what they have.

the big difference at blue is the trail and lift layout. when blue mtn closes razor's edge, it only affects that one trail. all the other "expert" terrrain is accessible and the percentage of skiable acreage available to the general public is not greatly diminished. 

Seems like the whims of the race team are more important then having JF's best terrain open for the general public / pass holders during peak hours? As evidenced by previous patrons being clearly pissed off about it (in this thread), can't be a recipe for success.

Edited by RidgeRacer