Vermont next week

Mess

I originally planned on skiing Magic on Thursday and then Bromley on Friday.  Looks like Magic if open will only have 3 trails and Bromley might be limited as well.  I am starting to think about doing Stratton 2 days instead.  Had a nice deal at a hotel at Magic but think it is better to stay closer to the mountain I am skiing. The Upper Pass lodge is only 23 minutes from Okemo and 21 From Stratton.  Kind of bummed since I was looking forward to Magic/Bromley.  My wife is going also so I need to find best mountain for her as well.  She is only comfortable on Beginner and Intermediate trails.  Thought/Suggestions.

Thanks

Looking better and better for the weekend.  Per snowforecast.com for Stowe:

Tuesday: 1-2 inches

Wednesday: 1-2 inches

Thursday: 3-5 inches

Friday: 4-7 inches

Saturday: 1-2 inches

At the low end its a refresher, at the high end it's boot deep pow and I'll take it either way!

• Like 3

Looking better and better for the weekend.  Per snowforecast.com for Stowe:

Tuesday: 1-2 inches

Wednesday: 1-2 inches

Thursday: 3-5 inches

Friday: 4-7 inches

Saturday: 1-2 inches

At the low end its a refresher, at the high end it's boot deep pow and I'll take it either way!

When u heading up there? I was going to go up this weekend, but it's gonna be sub zero, so were pushing it out until midweek or later.

When u heading up there? I was going to go up this weekend, but it's gonna be sub zero, so were pushing it out until midweek or later.

Planning to ski the afternoon on Friday, then all day Saturday and Sunday. 

Like GSS says its gonna be cold so dress like an astronaut!

probably. tinymoose is headed up there this weekend with some girlfriends. gonna make sure she packs the extra layers, lol.

That pic I posted was from prez weekend last year. Warmest it got was 8F and was usually -15F in AM. Dressed like a mofo and took frequent brakes. But conditions were superb and Jay was off the hook. National meteorologists were saying don't go outside or you will die. Then you go to the mountains and see whole families with little ones on the slopes having a blast.

Enjoy! Hopefully they get the snow they are calling for. Will be superb

• Like 2

Stratton on Thursday, Okemo on Friday.  Decided on going to the Gondola with multiple lodges on the mountain on Thursday to keep warm.  Friday is Okemo and the heated seats on the Bubble lift.  Going to be cold and got to make sure the wife isn't miserable.

• Like 1

Stratton on Thursday, Okemo on Friday.  Decided on going to the Gondola with multiple lodges on the mountain on Thursday to keep warm.  Friday is Okemo and the heated seats on the Bubble lift.  Going to be cold and got to make sure the wife isn't miserable.

Have fun and post a report. I've never been on a heated lift. I think the skyeship gondola at killington might be heated but haven't ridden it. You can use the Stratton gondola for like 3/4 of the terrain.

Stratton on Thursday, Okemo on Friday. Decided on going to the Gondola with multiple lodges on the mountain on Thursday to keep warm. Friday is Okemo and the heated seats on the Bubble lift. Going to be cold and got to make sure the wife isn't miserable.

When mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy!
  • Like 4

Have fun and post a report. I've never been on a heated lift. I think the skyeship gondola at killington might be heated but haven't ridden it. You can use the Stratton gondola for like 3/4 of the terrain.

Never been to Stratton, but I imagine the gondola lines on prez weekend will be insane

Edit: missed the Thursday/Friday part. Never mind

Edited by tarponhead

Finally made it up here, got my gear all organized, now gonna go enjoy some of vermonts finest beers. Then early to bed early to shred! Stowe tomorrow. Gonna be cold as shit.

How long did the drive take??? Enjoy Stowe...it was my home mountain in college. I believe the quad opens at 730am weekends and gondola 830am. If you want a legit breakfast on the way to the hill check out the Bagel in Stowe 394 mountain road in the baggy knees shopping center. Or for a sit down meal check out McCarthys. Opens at 630am.

Post skiing Happy Hour check out Pie-Casso, The sunset grille, the Matterhorn or the rusty nail.

• Like 1

How long did the drive take??? Enjoy Stowe...it was my home mountain in college. I believe the quad opens at 730am weekends and gondola 830am. If you want a legit breakfast on the way to the hill check out the Bagel in Stowe 394 mountain road in the baggy knees shopping center. Or for a sit down meal check out McCarthys. Opens at 630am.

Post skiing Happy Hour check out Pie-Casso, The sunset grille, the Matterhorn or the rusty nail.

Drive took about 6.5 from my house. Couple of stops to pee, plus I made a beer stop. Thanks for the recommendations! My hotel is a good 35 minutes from the mountain, so I got some food I can eat in my room for breakfast, but I'll be sure to check out one of the post skiing places you mentioned.