Solitude 2-21

JFskiDan

Fun day at Solitude skiing with Guitar and a college buddy of his.  Got to the mountain today to be surprised by a lengthy line at the Ticket window, about a 20 minute wait.  Solitude was closed on Friday with a power outage from the winds. We took a few short runs before heading over to honeycomb canyon, took the high traverse a ways back and dipped in and out of the trees some back there.  The snow was ok, its apparent they have been through a few cycles of warm weather which has really firmed up the base.  Worked our way to the other side of the mountain,  over to headwall forest and Evergreen. Some areas of deeper powder (like widowmaker snow) could be found in some of the more protected trees. Made a few runs of that,  ran some more trails, and stopped for lunch.  After lunch we went back to Headwall Forest, ran back through Honeycomb again, and ended our day skiing some trails off the Eagle Express lift where there were some real fun groomers with some nice snow on them.  Seems like not too many people ski off that lift, and the trails over there were quite fun.  

The day started off about 26 degrees or so, but i would say by the time 1 pm rolled around it had to be 40 degrees under bright sun.  The ticket line was nothing like the lift lines.  there was never a wait at any lift.

The snow was decent, and the terrain is fun at Solitude.  

There is some snow in the forecast for tomorrow afternoon/evening.  Sounds like 4-6 inches.  

i have a few pics, but i cant upload them for some reason.  try later.   

Honeycomb

post-1753-0-33026700-1456103297_thumb.jpg

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 4