Big Bear at Masthope

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Going with someone who doesn't want to pay for Blue and I figure this is Big Bears last weekend. Always nice to check out somewhere new, and he's driving.

Will still use my one left over Blue ticket later this year. Either a weekday this week or Sat the 19th.

Figure I am going to wind up eating my $30 Windham ticket as their conditions are looking too crap to be worth the trip.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Going with someone who doesn't want to pay for Blue and I figure this is Big Bears last weekend. Will still use my one left over Blue ticket later this year. Either a weekday this week or Sat the 19th.

Figure I am going to wind up eating my $30 Windham ticket as their conditions are looking too crap to be worth the trip.

Right on and post a report. Never seen a report from there on PASR.

Nice place but nothing hard. Mostly blue cruisers. Their steepest but short trail, Screamin' Demon, is closed. Nice lodge with a nice bar.

I don't know what trail map GSS is looking at but their website does have their own map. It's not a good map. The area is actually better than the map.

If you like blue cruisers go. If you like steeps and bumps go somewhere else.

Nice day, beautiful conditions. Started hard ended soft. All the black Diamond stuff was basically closed so I did cruisers 930 to 1, never waiting in over 30 seconds of line. Might come back on another PS&R card freebie next year when more is open. Will not try to come here with fresh snow on roads as ride up involves lots of hairy back roads.

Beautiful lodge (at top, its upside down)I spend very little time in. No way this place makes a profit on its own. The mt. is clearly run as an amenity for property owners. Couldn't give my extra lift ticket away. Will keep it as a pretty bear sticker as it is the old school kind.

Nice day, beautiful conditions. Started hard ended soft. All the black Diamond stuff was basically closed so I did cruisers 930 to 1, never waiting in over 30 seconds of line. Might come back on another PS&R card freebie next year when more is open. Will not try to come here with fresh snow on roads as ride up involves lots of hairy back roads.

Beautiful lodge (at top, its upside down)I spend very little time in. No way this place makes a profit on its own. The mt. is clearly run as an amenity for property owners. Couldn't give my extra lift ticket away. Will keep it as a pretty bear sticker as it is the old school kind.

How was the coverage? Did it ski like 650 vert?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Gonna hit this place again with my kids Sat, using free passes. They got 30" and will be 100% open when they start post storm operation at noon tomorrow. As little traffic as they get, there may well even be some fresh track to be had on Sat.

Will make day 24, busting through my earlier 21 day record with at least a couple more weekends to go.

A fine time with my kids and best buddy today. Snow in the trees was ridiculously deep and powdery to the point that I needed an assist getting my daughters out of there and we stuck to the trails after that. Big props to the patrollers that lent a hand. Worse problems to have than too much snow in late March in PA.

• Like 1

A fine time with my kids and best buddy today. Snow in the trees was ridiculously deep and powdery to the point that I needed an assist getting my daughters out of there and we stuck to the trails after that. Big props to the patrollers that lent a hand. Worse problems to have than too much snow in late March in PA.

It's mid March lol

• Like 1