12Nov killington

tarponhead

Brief pause in the crazy ass work schedule (was supposed to be over 10nov but the EMA fucked up). So no weekend work! Took the opportunity to head to northern Vt to visit my son. Well since I'm passing through may as well stop and hit killi. 2 ways down from the NRT. Three if you count the first run down from the Gondi. Place was packed as it is only 600' vert. Sugar and hard pack with plenty scraped off. Good bumps too though. Lines were ridiculous but it moved and the singles line was never more then a 10 min wait. They had a dj playing good tunes, people were smiling, tinnies were had. I skied for about 3 hrs and said ok. Only bummer is my right ankle still swollen from running injury so really started to bother me. Removed the middle buckle and much better (3 buckle boot). Glad I went, it was awesome skiing again despite what it was. Superstar is shaping up nicely too

2a572111a9062ece7771a45402cd9e57.jpg364f6c48366e30c8faa1e9bf8942caa5.jpg

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 5

Wow, that's the longest line I've ever seen there on the triple. Glad you got to go and take a few runs.

The line for that triple was double that long about 6 years ago on opening day but it's a long line but there are worse things in lyfe than skiing moguls at killington two weeks before thanksgiving and probably having dank food in Burlington Vermont. I always liked going to the Vermont pub and brewery on college street or Johnny laws favorite Setta Luna or a slice from Mr. Mikes Pizza...

If you wanna help host a PASR mad river Glen trip/Sugarbush or a jay peak trip let us know. I think they're due for a 250" + season love dem trees always been my favorite east and west.

• Like 1

I've never been to Killington on a weekend with only the NRT. I try to avoid that at all costs. That's the huge bennie to K-Mart. Once they open, they stay open all week. I just delay my trip a day and the whole line disappears. It also doesn't help that it's a holiday week.

Regardless, I'm glad you got out there. It's definitely worth it for this early. It's the price you pay to ride 3 weeks earlier than anyone else. Thanks for the pics and way to go out and get it.

Regardless, I'm glad you got out there. It's definitely worth it for this early. It's the price you pay to ride 3 weeks earlier than anyone else. Thanks for the pics and way to go out and get it.

Believe me, all the elements of the trip (i.e., being with my son, skiing, being in northern Vt and enjoying all the killer farm-to-table fare) was more a therapy session for me than anything else. Yolo

• Like 3