Moe Ghoul how has Smuggs been?

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Amazing afternoon with slopless Cochises. Felt like I had new skis and boots. New helmet and goggles feel great, good fit, no fog, put ear buds from my new phone in the helmet and that's working out. Met up with a few peeps and skied inbound trees. Nuthin but soft turns. Legs were good for 4 runs and I peaced out. Cheeba and Heady on deck!

• Like 3

I won't rub it in then on how WINNING today was. ;)  .......

Ah, fuck it, it was sublime. New snow, untracked early, sun came out around noon. Boots feel great, I wanted to stay out longer, but I'm putty. I'm literally sore from the neck to teh toes. Now the cleanup and laundry begins after I plow out the driveway. Gonna get everything done, including getting gear together for JH so I can play all day tomorrow. The sadness of departure will start seeping in tomorrow.

• Like 1

I won't rub it in then on how WINNING today was. ;)  .......

Ah, fuck it, it was sublime. New snow, untracked early, sun came out around noon. Boots feel great, I wanted to stay out longer, but I'm putty. I'm literally sore from the neck to teh toes. Now the cleanup and laundry begins after I plow out the driveway. Gonna get everything done, including getting gear together for JH so I can play all day tomorrow. The sadness of departure will start seeping in tomorrow.

ok.

It's times like this that I seriously question my life choices and wonder how the F- I ended up in NJ....

You can always move or just travel. I'm personally super excited for a nice spring skiing weekend at Blue mountain!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Moe snowing all week on Jackson hole.

Sounds like it's going to be wet mid week and frozen when I get there.  

Forecast has been varying daily, so hopefully it changes again for the better.

I swear you look for any reason to cancel a ski trip a week out. Just go. You don't go to Vermont for good conditions they just miraculously happen sometimes.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Now Ghoul you make it to JH??

Just got back late last night. Had an awesome time, met a bunch of heretofore faceless names and a few mags I already met and hung out with. Highlights included soft spring skiing conditions with blue sunny skies, nice temps, shredding with a bunch of new peeps, apres at the Moose, and drinking copious amounts of red wine at our new fave eatery in JH, Bin 22. Right around the corner from the 49er. We got little to no new snow while we were there, but reports are that its nuking now. Thursday: Met at the tram, skied sublette lift and Hobacks. So much to ski on that side. Fri: Skied the Casper area and the lifts over there. Never made it over to Apres-vous. Sat: AM Tram and Rendezvous zone for 3 runs, Bridger gondi and Casper zone for 2 runs. I tapped out because I had zero power left to control my skis. Almost rolled an ankle coming to a quick stop and knew the end was at hand. Tailgate with a spleef 2 inches in diameter with ULLR shots and Bullitt Rye, grilled meat and some funny fucks and yucks rounded it out. We   peaced out around 6 and headed back into town for tapas and a few more bottles of red. Flights were uneventful, skibag missed the last leg back from ATL last night, got delivered this morning. Dialed in boots really worked out. The End.

Heading back to Smuggs on Sunday or as the forecast evolves into next week. Gonna be DEEEEEEEEEEEEP..............!

• Like 5

Nice report Moe...I saw this on Teton gravity. attachicon.gifimage.png

Bin 22 used to have a different name and that's where I injured myself on the dance floor.

Never knew they had a dance floor. I remember it as strictly a beer/wine/smokes and snax joint. They added the tapas bar 4 years ago. What's great is you can walk thru the shop and select any bottle at retail without the customary doubling of the price at most restaurants. Great way to drink and eat different foods for good value. Place was packed with hotties, so that was an added bonus.

Never knew they had a dance floor. I remember it as strictly a beer/wine/smokes and snax joint. They added the tapas bar 4 years ago. What's great is you can walk thru the shop and select any bottle at retail without the customary doubling of the price at most restaurants. Great way to drink and eat different foods for good value. Place was packed with hotties, so that was an added bonus.

7 years ago on Thursday nights they would remove the tables and have a DJ. That's actually where me and my Montana friend Tom met Marnie and Yvette.and then ended up smoking up and eating spicy party mix back at the 49er then going to the club that used to be in the basement of the White Buffalo. I'll have to make a return trip there next year.