Moe Ghoul how has Smuggs been?

GrilledSteezeSandwich

• 3 weeks later...

Nukin in the notch right now on the  Smuggs webcam. Heading back up Saturday for 2-3 weeks.

Nice - might be at Stowe weekend of 2/10.  Don't think we can work Smugglers in, though we've been thinking about it.  Think we're going Jay>Stowe>MRG.

Hope the cold holds!  There are also rumors of a storm 2/7-2/8....

• Like 1

Nice - might be at Stowe weekend of 2/10.  Don't think we can work Smugglers in, though we've been thinking about it.  Think we're going Jay>Stowe>MRG.

Hope the cold holds!  There are also rumors of a storm 2/7-2/8....

I'll be walking outta the alchemist with beer as you come walking in. Never fails.

Sounds like a plan hitting those hills, should be in good shape with the recent weather and forecast

I'll be walking outta the alchemist with beer as you come walking in. Never fails.

Sounds like a plan hitting those hills, should be in good shape with the recent weather and forecast

Hope so - Jay looked like it was epic this weekend.

Josh Fox, MRG weather guy, talking about some potential trouble around the 10th, but with two chances at big storms between now and then, hopefully everything will be ok.....

Hope so - Jay looked like it was epic this weekend.

Josh Fox, MRG weather guy, talking about some potential trouble around the 10th, but with two chances at big storms between now and then, hopefully everything will be ok.....

Yeah, I Iike Josh's style, just enough details to make you think you know what he's talking about. Kinda like the Ken Burns of weather.

• Like 1

Moe - what's your thoughts on Tuesday/Wednesday?  Looks hard to avoid the thaw/freeze.....

Trying to decide about canceling for this weekend.

It's gonna rain in Vermont Wednesday morning but doesn't look like much rain. Just be hopeful of snowmaking and natural snow after the thaw freeze.

I don't think it's worthy of cancelling it's just gonna put the woods out of play most likely.

It's gonna rain in Vermont Wednesday morning but doesn't look like much rain. Just be hopeful of snowmaking and natural snow after the thaw freeze.

I don't think it's worthy of cancelling it's just gonna put the woods out of play most likely.

Yeah, snowmaking yes, natural snow, doesn't look good. 

So the trees and natural trails will be dead.  Probably not worth going.

Conditions are excellent, we got a few more inches overnite, and it started snowing again about an hour ago. Snow in the forecast through tomorrow nite. I think us northerners will dodge a rain bullet up high, more likely some sneet. I'll be happy to report what happens over the next few days here.

I would come up, I don't think Wednesday will adversely impact conditions.

Conditions are excellent, we got a few more inches overnite, and it started snowing again about an hour ago. Snow in the forecast through tomorrow nite. I think us northerners will dodge a rain bullet up high, more likely some sneet. I'll be happy to report what happens over the next few days here.

I would come up, I don't think Wednesday will adversely impact conditions.

Thanks Moe.

Great morning session at Smuggs. Deeeeeeeeep............ Skied six runs in bounds, Middle of Dempsey's kicked my ass so hard I thought I forgot how to ski. Lotsa big crusty bumps hiding under the fresh. FIS was sweet, lower half was closed off for snow making.

post-2366-0-10551400-1486491384_thumb.jpgpost-2366-0-71579000-1486491251_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Great morning session at Smuggs. Deeeeeeeeep............ Skied six runs in bounds, Middle of Dempsey's kicked my ass so hard I thought I forgot how to ski. Lotsa big crusty bumps hiding under the fresh. FIS was sweet, lower half was closed off for snow making.

attachicon.gifIMG_5044.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_5043.jpg

Wow - looks great.

Josh Fox hinting at snow thursday from the coastal storm.  Also claiming things will glaze tonight and tomorrow night.  

We have no idea where we are going to end up when, but the idea of skiing off the back of spruce and buying a a few one ride Smuggs tix was floated this morning - will let you know if that happens.

Wow - looks great.

Josh Fox hinting at snow thursday from the coastal storm.  Also claiming things will glaze tonight and tomorrow night.  

We have no idea where we are going to end up when, but the idea of skiing off the back of spruce and buying a a few one ride Smuggs tix was floated this morning - will let you know if that happens.

I'll try and post up weather situation up here tonite and tomorrow and see how it plays out. Some very light snow falling right now.