Blue mountain 1-16-17

RidgeRacer

Got first chair at Blue this morning. Very low attendance at the start, no line at six for the first 5 runs. The trails from paradise over to lazy were all nice, rotd was upper switchback as it had no features except the wall, so it was like a giant swichback, which worked out well as switchback was hard and icy in the a.m. Razors got a little cookied up on the headwall. Crowd was building by 9 a.m. Tubing was doing well. Last run on paradise at 10:30 was crowded, making for a living slalom course. Fun morning.

Edited by zzslope
  • Like 3

rotd was upper switchback as it had no features except the wall, so it was like a giant swichback, which worked out well as switchback was hard and icy in the a.m.

You mean upper sidewinder?

My legs were cooked from bumping all day but still finished the day with a few more runs on sidewinder even though it got considerably more scraped off than earlier. Pretty much empty so I could do GS from side to side

You mean upper sidewinder?

My legs were cooked from bumping all day but still finished the day with a few more runs on sidewinder even though it got considerably more scraped off than earlier. Pretty much empty so I could do GS from side to side

It's funny I didn't even think to go to Sidewinder until I saw your post on the lift. I always just avoid it assuming that it's covered in terrain park features. It definitely was ROTD. So rare to ski it as a straight trail.

• Like 1

What a difference a day makes! First run on Razor's on Sat was a sheet of ice, this morning it was covered in a glorious layer of fresh, chalky man-made.

They blew on every trail which made conditions probably the best they've been so far this year. They blew a ton in the bumps which made them the run of the day for me anyway. Lowe Main Street was awash in marbles the entire day.

Saw the aftermath of a crunch on the way up...

544666fb36bf71dc5a14c0b28edaf643.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1