Trip Report - 1/17/2018

saltyant

52 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Currently eating at KFC. My reminiscing of the KFC in Rutland made me hungry for chicken tendies. 

Nice, my Stowe thread really took off and I'll have a lot of good reading material for after work today. Thanks!

What else did you get besides chicken tendies?  I prefer chicken on a bone..Popeyes chicken is better than KFC

36 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Eating should be done as quickly and efficiently as possible to allow the eater to move onto other more interesting activities. As long as you don't feel hungry anymore, it does not matter what you eat. Captains Wafers are also a good choice for quick meals.

What are captains wafers.  Gimme a second. Oh Lordy that's not a meal it's something you put in your soup lol.  

IMG_2354.JPG

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Shitting should be done as quickly and efficiently as possible to allow the shitter to move onto other more interesting activities. As long as you don't feel full of shit anymore, it does not matter what you shit.

Fixed it for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What kind of PC games do you like?  I used to play the Oregon trail until I died of Typhoid fever. 

I was addicted to Euro Truck Simulator 2, until I rage quit after pulling into the wrong delivery area and being unable to back up the tractor trailer after driving all the way from Brno, Czechia to Aberdeen, UK.

Sorry to hear about your Typhoid. That's rough.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was addicted to Euro Truck Simulator 2, until I rage quit after pulling into the wrong delivery area and being unable to back up the tractor trailer after driving all the way from Brno, Czechia to Aberdeen, UK.

Sorry to hear about your Typhoid. That's rough.

Wow just wow...rage quitting.  Do you play magic the gathering??

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My suggestion to Salty is to not take the bus..it stops at a ton of places and with Salty arriving for opening at 730ish he'll get front row parking and be able to ski back to his car. Salty doesn't drink beer suggestions are a waste of bandwidth.

I agree with goat and whirlaway being nice runs. Also lookout under the lookout double to the skiers right of Starr is nice. 

I'll be driving the whole time. The Forerunner quad is only 3 miles from the hotel, and I'll want to get First Trax. I'll take root beer suggestions. Thanks Steeze, wouldn't want to waste any bandwidth on beer, though I will drink a Mike's Hard Lemonade every few years.

8 hours ago, indiggio said:

We usually stop on the way back to Stowe after skiing MRG or Sugarbush.

It's not only for the food, the atmosphere is pretty cool too.

Is Mad Taco as good as Casa Bonita? I have high standards for Mexican restaurants after eating burritos and white rice while watching cliff divers and pirate battles every 15 minutes. Never went in Black Bart's Hideout though because it's too scary fer youngans.

IMG_6525.thumb.JPG.37e72e20234e45c78564baf73d04b92d.JPG

Edited by saltyant

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll be driving the whole time. The Forerunner quad is only 3 miles from the hotel, and I'll want to get First Trax. I'll take root beer suggestions. Thanks Steeze, wouldn't want to waste any bandwidth on beer, though I will drink a Mike's Hard Lemonade every few years.

IMG_2365.JPG

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Is Mad Taco as good as Casa Bonita? I have high standards for Mexican restaurants after eating burritos and white rice while watching cliff divers and pirate battles every 15 minutes. Never went in Black Bart's Hideout though because it's too scary fer youngans.

IMG_6525.thumb.JPG.37e72e20234e45c78564baf73d04b92d.JPG

Where is casa Bonita?

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh it's the Mexican restaurant from South Park.  Wow you're quite the jet setter I mean bed wetter lol

Yeah, I've been in there twice already. Definitely the coolest restaurant in all of Denver, maybe even American. I think jet setter is more appropriate.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I've skied every area of woods at Stowe from the toll road to the notch..pretty much I went to college at UVM for Stowe..I know freshman year i skied 66 days. This thread sort of makes me want to go back to Stowe..maybe in march in between ski trips when I'm bored of Blue..would have to be last minute when I know it's good conditions and lots of coverage.  As of yesterday the mount Mansfield snowstake was only at 36" and I'm sure today's rain sucked up tons of natural snow. 

You bored at Blue, the true mountain? I'll believe it when I see it. Hope the rain doesn't ruin my experience. Looks like Stowe might get some freshies in early February.

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty what do you put on captains wafers?  At wegmans they have free butter packets. 

I just eat them out of the package. Don't like butter on my bread or on my Captain's Wafers. They came in handy when I drove 12.5 hours straight a few times and didn't want to stop to eat.

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You bored at Blue, the true mountain? I'll believe it when I see it. Hope the rain doesn't ruin my experience. Looks like Stowe might get some freshies in early February.

Sure somedays when I ski Blue alone I get a little bored.  Last tuesday after when I skied alone while it was snowing I started getting bored after like an hour an a half so did two more runs and then SUJOPO'd

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sure somedays when I ski Blue alone I get a little bored.  Last tuesday after when I skied alone while it was snowing I started getting bored after like an hour an a half so did two more runs and then SUJOPO'd

I find it hard to believe you quit skiing while it was snowing out. But Ok.

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I just eat them out of the package. Don't like butter on my bread or on my Captain's Wafers. They came in handy when I drove 12.5 hours straight a few times and didn't want to stop to eat.

Wow where did you drive 12.5 hours straight to??  I've never driven that long in a day. When I drove to Montana I would drive like 8am-6pm with a lunch stop and that was tiring AF.