12 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Ditto.  I miss Stowe and want to see pics and vids please.

Just bought another ticket for Thursday lol. This mountain is so big I feel like ive still only scratched the surface. Had Such an epic untracked run down gondalier that I need to do that again. Currently eating at the top of the Gondola restaurant. Going bankrupt from this trip and now Trump has made my portfolio worthless.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just bought another ticket for Thursday lol. This mountain is so big I feel like ive still only scratched the surface. Had Such an epic untracked run down gondalier that I need to do that again. Currently eating at the top of the Gondola restaurant.

Nice you can use your other Killington ticket later in the season or sell it.  Good move then you don't have to drive during the snowstorm Wednesday night or Thursday morning. And you know jackson hole more than 5 times as big as Stowe. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice you can use your other Killington ticket later in the season or sell it.  Good move then you don't have to drive during the snowstorm Wednesday night or Thursday morning. And you know jackson hole more than 5 times as big as Stowe. 

Yeah I'm on vacation and I don't feel like stressing over the drive Thursday morning. The roads will be fine by Thursday afternoon to get to Rutland and maybe I'll stay an extra night and ski Killington Saturday, and if it gets crowded I may try Pico instead since I hear that never gets too crowded. My passes are good for any day and are direct to lift, but hard to sell because theres no way for the buyer to verify they haven't been used 

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah I'm on vacation and I don't feel like stressing over the drive Thursday morning. The roads will be fine by Thursday afternoon to get to Rutland and maybe I'll stay an extra night and ski Killington Saturday, and if it gets crowded I may try Pico instead since I hear that never gets too crowded. My passes are good for any day and are direct to lift, but hard to sell because theres no way for the buyer to verify they haven't been used 

Sounds cool yeah you should ski Kmart and Pico peak Saturday..no rush getting home. Camelback will be there Sunday. 

Arent ski trips fun..I'm trying to save enough money so that the rest of my life is a ski trip. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uh oh just realized Thursday is going to be rough. I might have to skip the free breakfast to get all the powder. Maybe ill look for a grocery store and just buy a 6 pack of granola bars and eat all 6 on Thursday morning. The cool thing here is the lifts open at different times so if I plan well I can get 3 deep untracked powder runs at least 

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Uh oh just realized Thursday is going to be rough. I might have to skip the free breakfast to get all the powder. Maybe ill look for a grocery store and just buy a 6 pack of granola bars and eat all 6 on Thursday morning. The cool thing here is the lifts open at different times so if I plan well I can get 3 deep untracked powder runs at least 

Salty or stop at the Stowe bagel place and have a bacon egg and cheese bagel with a slice of onion and tomato..they have American and Canadian bacon and open at 630am heck you'd even have time to stop back at your hotel and poop on the way to the hill. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yup you gotta make sure you're in line for the forerunner quad no later than 740am and in line for the gondola no later than 850am..and you get fresh off both lifts.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty how much vertical did you ski today?  You haven't updated your stats!!!  My best vert in a day at Stowe is around 70,000 back in high school. I was a beast then. 

Saltmizer needs to step up his game or I'm gonna unrecommend the one on mountain pic in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Salty or stop at the Stowe bagel place and have a bacon egg and cheese bagel with a slice of onion and tomato..they have American and Canadian bacon and open at 630am heck you'd even have time to stop back at your hotel and poop on the way to the hill. 

^^^^This

NaCl-ty gets a gold star for switching it up and skiing Stowe on Thursday
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty how much vertical did you ski today?  You haven't updated your stats!!!  My best vert in a day at Stowe is around 70,000 back in high school. I was a beast then. 

Stuck on the gondoobie. Over 27k but I pissed around in The toll house area for a few runs and that lift is so dang slow. Plus my lesson but still a great day. Just about to hit Chin Clip and see if I want to try Moguls anymore, if not I'll hit one of the 2 exits and run Gondalier.

34 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Stuck on the gondoobie. Over 27k but I pissed around in The toll house area for a few runs and that lift is so dang slow. Plus my lesson but still a great day. Just about to hit Chin Clip and see if I want to try Moguls anymore, if not I'll hit one of the 2 exits and run Gondalier.

I won't mess around in toll house. Too flat.  I used to stay at the inn at the mountain with my dad which was at the base of the toll house lift. We'd drive up to the main lot because that lift would open later.  The former inn at the mountain is no longer a hotel but it was a good place to change out of my ski clothes before driving home 

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

NaCl-ty gets a gold star for switching it up and skiing Stowe on Thursday

2 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Saltmizer needs to step up his game or I'm gonna unrecommend the one on mountain pic in this thread.

Wow, a gold star AND a recommended post both in one day! I'm well on my way to some day being 1/8 as popular as GrilledSteezeSandwich.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ended the day with 29,190 ft. I just got a text from JF Dan saying "woah dude, sweet RTMs" and also that he'd be devastated if I quit this site. So I'll update my stats, even those 2 sessions at Seven Springs and Camelback although I don't really consider those skiing, but I did make it down the runs without falling.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Ended the day with 29,190 ft. I just got a text from JF Dan saying "woah dude, sweet RTMs" and also that he'd be devastated if I quit this site. So I'll update my stats, even those 2 sessions at Seven Springs and Camelback although I don't really consider those skiing, but I did make it down the runs without falling.

When you get a chance tell us about your lesson!!!

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When you get a chance tell us about your lesson!!!

I'll do two reports today: one lesson report and one general report which excludes lesson details.

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you ski chin clip top to bottom?? On the powder day Thursday ski nosedive and go left into slalom glades. They are nice introductory glades

I made that run once with the instructor. I was going to ski it top to bottom the last run but they closed the lower half, so I exited and took Gondolier the rest of the way.

Edited by saltyant

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I won't mess around in toll house. Too flat.  I used to stay at the inn at the mountain with my dad which was at the base of the toll house lift. We'd drive up to the main lot because that lift would open later.  The former inn at the mountain is no longer a hotel but it was a good place to change out of my ski clothes before driving home 

I agree. The run down Easy Mile was boring and wasn't worth the 15 minute lift ride. I did Easy Mile because after doing full Toll Road I took the lift and saw a lot of untracked. Now I know why it's untracked down there at 3 pm because it sucks and seems to just be a way to get to the main trails from Toll House.

Regardless, glad I did that area once just to check it out. I like skiing the whole mountain and also enjoy the long trails once in a while, like Toll Road and Great Eastern. It's relaxing just cruising and enjoying the scenery for over 10 minutes.

Edited by saltyant