TR 2/4/18 - PA POWDER!!!

guitar73

we arrived at the one and only jackson frost about 8:30am, and it seemed like a lot of other peeps had the same idea. I saw the snow line advancing east as we were driving up on the turnpike, so I knew it was def gonna snow, but the storm took its sweet ass time arriving. The first hour or so was good sliding for sure, but the snow didn't start in earnest until 10am or so. About then we went in for a quick snack, and to let the new snow to begin to accumulate. The new installment really made the day fun. t-bolt and happy glades were good, but the margins were still a bit thin. Elevator glades were soft under a crunchy topping. Floyds was sweet once the snow picked up. Not a lot of untouched areas due to the masses on the hill, but it was nice making a those soft turns. We closed the mtn down, and by then about 4" or so had fallen. Good times had by all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Freezing rain that far north? Damn. And it even mixed in the Catskills. Magic might be good but I'm not driving that far. 

Changed over at Belleayre at 230 according to Root. Still should be good at Jack Frost you'll have some 3D snow and moguls and the woods are skiable. 

• Sad 1