Free lift tic from MC with $25. donation

mtnbiker99x

Hey I just donated to the Red Cross by dropping a check off by mountain creek, its a great deal they've set up to help.

If you give $25 or hopefully more (after all this isnt about a freebie -- its about helping people who desperately need it.) They give you a little voucher for a free lift ticket for this winter. You make the check out to the red cross disaster relief fund...so its not like the creek is taking credit for our donations like some of you have suggested...and WE get the tax write off, not them.

I really dont think its cool for people to bash the creek for trying to get people who might not donate anything, an incentive to donate ----plus giving us something for free just to say thanks. most companies are saying buy this & we'll donate some percent of the cost or a dollar. creek's not asking you to buy anything, just to donate. and they're saying thank you with like a $50 gift.

its super cool if you ask me. i want to say thank you for doing this, the creek was way ahead of any other ski resort or any other business on this one!

Hey I just donated to the Red Cross by dropping a check off by mountain creek, its a great deal they've set up to help. 

If you give $25 or hopefully more (after all this isnt about a freebie -- its about helping people who desperately need it.)  They give you a little voucher for a free lift ticket for this winter.  You make the check out to the red cross disaster relief fund...so its not like the creek is taking credit for our donations like some of you have suggested...and WE get the tax write off, not them. 

I really dont think its cool for people to bash the creek for trying to get people who might not donate anything, an incentive to donate ----plus giving us something for free just to say thanks.  most companies are saying buy this & we'll donate some percent  of the cost or a dollar.  creek's not asking you to buy anything, just to donate.  and they're saying thank you with like a $50 gift. 

its super cool if you ask me.  i want to say thank you for doing this, the creek was way ahead of any other ski resort or any other business on this one!

32353[/snapback]

welcome to PASR!! Do you know whether or not it is 1 ticket per $25?

I really dont think its cool for people to bash the creek for trying to get people who might not donate anything, an incentive to donate ----plus giving us something for free just to say thanks.  most companies are saying buy this & we'll donate some percent  of the cost or a dollar.  creek's not asking you to buy anything, just to donate.  and they're saying thank you with like a $50 gift. 

32353[/snapback]

Don't get me confused, this is awesome and I love seeing stuff like this, it's going to get people to donate to the Red Cross AND get a free pass, but it's also marketing genius on MC's part.

32034[/snapback]

Can you read? Are you just completely inable to comprehend what you read? Nowhere in this thread do I "bash" MC for doing this promotion, I just point out that it's very smart because they stand to make/save a fair bit of money on this. Like it or not, it's a business decision, and a very smart one at that.

Can you read?  Are you just completely inable to comprehend what you read?  Nowhere in this thread do I "bash" MC for doing this promotion, I just point out that it's very smart because they stand to make/save a fair bit of money on this.  Like it or not, it's a business decision, and a very smart one at that.

32370[/snapback]

Dude, chill - common problem on a message board, you know that.... BTW - I turned to your mom when you were the first to clean that rail and said "i figured as much" :rock:rock:rock:rock

Camelback could do with taking some tips from MC, they have some REAL benefits with their season passes:

1) $239 for an unlimited pass ($529 at CB) if you buy 4 together (no discount at CB)

2) Free season pass for under 6's (I'll have to go and beg at the guest services office every trip at CB)

3) 1 hour season pass holders "first tracks" every sat. and sunday.

4) Free ski/board check (rather than pay locks which damage your board)

5) 50% off at other intrawest resorts

6) free TWS or skiing subscription

etc, etc now go back to the price again it's half price....

I'm pretty sure they have more runs and more vert too, and a good park.

5 people where I work went south as part of the relief effort. They told me its worse than they are making it out on the news. They are not allowed to talk to the media because its that bad. (they are now FEMA employees-not just firefighters)

Those people down there really need your help. So wether you send $25. to Creek to forward it to Red Cross or you donate on your own, just donate because they need it bad.

I am headed to a meeting at work to collect stuff for the relief effort.

Its really bad and thats from the guys on the front lines.

And yet your home mountain is Camelback.  It looks as if Camelback can do whatever they want, because you will still get there pass, and if you won't I will, and if I won't 6,000 other people will.

32386[/snapback]

Dude, the sun went to your head!! Go stick your head in the freezer, or freeze your gloves and put them on, do something!!!

And yet your home mountain is Camelback.  It looks as if Camelback can do whatever they want, because you will still get there pass, and if you won't I will, and if I won't 6,000 other people will.

32386[/snapback]

Yeah, distance (or the lack of it) is a real selling point. If I moved my "home hill" to MC, I would probaly not go nearly as much. Being 5 minutes from CB is a strong argument, and one that's likely to have me paying their seemingly high prices yet again.

<_<<_<<_<:angry:

Camelback could do with taking some tips from MC, they have some REAL benefits with their season passes:

2) Free season pass for under 6's (I'll have to go and beg at the guest services office every trip at CB)

32381[/snapback]

Just FYI, this is season will be my 5-year-old's fourth season pass. The first year at CB, they told me I'd have to take her to guest services every time despite buying three other season passes for my family, as well as the CAT program fee. I told them to rethink that decision...and they did.

Why the hell would I want to stand in ticket lines EVERY Saturday and Sunday, when I've bought season passes for the rest of my family? I told them I'd pay for the plastic holder.

They finally gave in and spent 30 seconds taking a pass picture for my littlest one.

The next year, we moved our home mountain to Montage...and they said the same thing. Buy season passes for your whole family, but stand in line every day for your toddler.

They finally gave in, but wtf? Why isn't it just a given?

Anyway, my point was just to be persistent and common sense seems to finally win out.

Just FYI, this is season will be my 5-year-old's fourth season pass. The first year at CB, they told me I'd have to take her to guest services every time despite buying three other season passes for my family, as well as the CAT program fee. I told them to rethink that decision...and they did.

Why the hell would I want to stand in ticket lines EVERY Saturday and Sunday, when I've bought season passes for the rest of my family? I told them I'd pay for the plastic holder.

They finally gave in and spent 30 seconds taking a pass picture for my littlest one.

The next year, we moved our home mountain to Montage...and they said the same thing. Buy season passes for your whole family, but stand in line every day for your toddler.

They finally gave in, but wtf? Why isn't it just a given?

Anyway, my point was just to be persistent and common sense seems to finally win out.

32431[/snapback]

ski'

thank you so much for that information, I've just started that dialogue with the sales staff.

• 2 weeks later...