BC 1/25

Kyle

Pulled in the lot at 9:00 on the dot, place was empty. First few runs down Kodiak to knock the rust off. Snow is nice but they blew last night so there’s some patches of glue. Bear has blown sticky snow for the past 4 years now. Not sure what the cause is. Park setup is nice. 

B5436FC1-01C4-4D8B-A241-6C31A3640022.jpeg

• Like 4

figured i would add my little report from last night to kyle's thread.  a good time was had.  there were probably 10 other people there besides me and ski patrol.  i regret not getting pics, but i dont like to ride with my phone and the place was so empty, i parked in the first row so the lodge blocked any picture potential.  when i got on the slopes at 6:15, it was apparent nobody had been there all day, as there was still frozen cord everywhere.  also, half the seats on the lifts that were running hadnt been put down yet, and lifties would have to run out and put the seat down for you.  everything was open except the diamond that takes you from the far quad (old triple) back to the base (the trail that used to have a sign saying you could die).  alot of trails were hurting for snow, especially on the old triple side, there were spots where the dirt and shit stains took up 3/4 of the trail width.  driving to bear i had been thinking i would get hit with huge waves of nostalgic feelings regarding my former home mountain and place where i learned to snowboard.  instead, it felt like i had just been there recently and never left, even though this was my first time back in 9 years.  i told the ticket agent I was a blue season pass holder and see mentioned i wasnt the first blue mountain pass holder to go to bear that day.

• Like 1

Thanks for the add on tp4. Wrapped it up for the day, the knee issue is a little bigger than I initially thought. Used a brace and still started to downhill fast. All in all it was a good day. Bear is in surprisingly good shape considering all the rain we had yesterday. Ticket was free so nothing to really complain about. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kyle said:

Thanks for the add on tp4. Wrapped it up for the day, the knee issue is a little bigger than I initially thought. Used a brace and still started to downhill fast. All in all it was a good day. Bear is in surprisingly good shape considering all the rain we had yesterday. Ticket was free so nothing to really complain about. 

since so few people were there yesterday, some of the seats on the lifts still hadnt been put down at 7pm.  both myself and the lifty didnt notice a chair coming around that didnt have the seat down.  i tried to jump out of the way but the chair hit me right on my bad knee.  had me freaked out all night but so far so good

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Did you ski or snowboard?

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

i couldnt believe they had the diamond under the old triple open, probably the most haggard conditions ive ridden in recent memory lol.  actually made things more interesting and fun

That's another very fun run there but like you said; the conditions on said trail are almost always sh*t.