3/2/21...empty...windy

Hey All,

I’m done with another AM session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 820am and it was windy and in the lower 20s. PASR row was busy because they’re still working on a couple rows on the opposite side of the road.  In the house were BenM, C1er and Bethlehem ford guy. 

First civilian six pack with BenM and a snowboarder who said razors was gonna be fast like a rocket ship.  I didn’t want to argue and say that with the 20-30mph northwest wind nothing was gonna be fast.  First run on challenge had a few icy spots and a few chalky spots.  They blue a small amount of snow across the hill most of which Blew away.  Next run sidewinder was decent and more in the sun.  Main Street was variable some good some bad but a wind tunnel.  Paradise was good until the last pitch where I had to get in a bullet tuck to cut under the wind and the second I stood up my momentum died.  Switchback was decent with a few rolly pollys near the bottom and finished off with a few sidewinders. 

Managed 7 runs in an hour which hasn’t been easy to achieve this season with the liftlines but there weren’t any lines today at least when I skied.  Today’s AM skiing makes me wanna get back out tomorrow when there will hopefully be less wind and surely be warmer.  Almost every lift ride somebody ate shit on the icy patch near the top of challenge.  I don’t know what compels people to think hard carving on ice you can see your reflection in is a good idea...people were taking serious slides.  

JADIP

9E9A9807-9548-4593-8659-484403FF8DEE.jpeg

• Like 5

Red coats put up a warning sign on Challenge after numerous yard sales on the icy spot. Also one on Main Street, but not as amusing from the chair.

Loved Razors, the wind coming up the hill slowed me down on the first head wall so I could carve my turns instead of skid them.

Sidewinder held up real well - longer than my legs did. Super flat all over. Left at 12:30 after 20 runs.

• Like 1

Big ass skeet shots of ice rink ice on challenge and main, saw a dude legit wheely his skis over the main street spot but he rode it out and it was quite impressive. Otherwise the snow was pretty good all things considered. 

We are definitely in the part of the season where the sun is playing a huge part. Lazy was soo soft and slow you couldn't make doodle turns but switch was rock solid and lightening fast. Sidewinder was perfect, firm and fast with smoothness where the Jerry's always fuck it up. 

Tomorrow should be le tits, going to let it get pretty warm and ski the early afternoon applesauce. 

• Like 2