Base Depth: 10-20"

Killington will be open for top-to-bottom skiing

and riding this Saturday at 8 a.m. Don't wait,

make it out for the first ski day of the season

in all of Vermont.

Early season lift ticket rates

will be $39 for 1-day adult passes and $72 for

2-day passes. Young adult(13-18) passes will be

$31 for 1-day passes and $57 for 2-day passes.

Junior(6-12) and senior(65+) passes will be $25

for 1-day and $47 for two day passes

While portions of the mountain have been blessed

with fantastic early-season snow conditions, the

lower third of the mountain required man-made

snow to complement the natural snowfall received

this week to ensure a quality surface. However,

with the current weather forecast calling for a

warming trend early next week, Killington will

cease operations after 4 p.m. Sunday.

CHECK OUR WEBSITE OFTEN FOR UPDATES!

http://www.killington.com

Im jelouse! How were the conditions? Crowded? any pictures?

hey, snow is snow....when I stopped at 3 in the afternoon 'cos my legs were shot, I just couldn't wipe the permanent grin of my face, It's been tooooo long.

no seriously the conditions were pretty good, like nice spring conditions. Very good when I got there (9am), quite slow and bumped up by lunchtime. Not sure how good it will be today because it's so warm up there.

But there were very few people there, so no queues for the gondola. Last year after thanksgiving I struggled to get 10 runs in all day, yesterday I did 12 gondola runs, plus several on the two triples they had running, I didn't count these very carefully.

I'll post pics later, I bought a disposable camera up there and it's in CVS now.

Even this morning I still feel :wiggle:o:rock:rock:D:D:drool

ahhhhhhh... I hate you! Haha not really but man that sounds like so much fun. Top to bottom runs in October at Killington. I seriously considered making a run up there, but I unfortuantly realized I had about 5 obligations this weekend I couldn't blow off. Though I did consider it. Sounds like fun.

so it is doable.... everyboys i've talked to has said its not worth it. but i figgure wake up at 4 leave by 430-5 time frame be their by 930 then leave at 430 and be back home by11

very do-able, and very worth it. I'd do it again tomorrow given the chance. 8 Hours in the car with Sirius is a small price to pay for 7 hours on a couple of feet of fresh (if heavy) snow.

i drove nestor jr up, we left the shop at 10 PM arrived at the econo lodge in Rutland at 2:45, for october it was effin awesome, working on getting pics up soon, this weekend we have a crew of about 9 from the shop doing another day trip

I wanna go up!!! Anyone know where to stay and stuff? I have never been up there.

This time of year there are plenty of places to stay. I would start looking on the access road and head away from the mountain until you find a place that meets your criteria. I've stayed walking distance from the gondola for under $200 a night off season.

I wanna go up!!! Anyone know where to stay and stuff? I have never been up there.

I'm pretty sure no-ones going to be going next weekend, the forecast is for above freezing at night, and nearly 60 during the day for the coming week, and rain on saturday. :(:(:angry::(

If you do go (the following weekend?) there are tons of places to stay on the access road (econolodge, comfort inn, you name it, it's there). Before thanksgiving you should have no trouble getting something at short notice, after that it's better to book ahead.

If you have a car available while you are up there (ie not bumming a lift off of someone), there are also plently of places in Rutland which is a 5-10 minute drive to the base area.

This time of year there are plenty of places to stay. I would start looking on the access road and head away from the mountain until you find a place that meets your criteria. I've stayed walking distance from the gondola for under $200 a night off season.

There were lots of places on the access road offering double rooms for $65 this weekend...