Penn Dot Prepares

bigdaddyk

yeah man. They always ruin all my fun. With all the plowing and what not. I'd much prefer them to leave a good 3 feet on the roads!

Definitly more fun to drive... but I def had a close call going to CB last winter... I was on I80 just before PA (exit 4ish) while traveling with lastdutchess, with about 7-8 inches on the road... I definitly hit a patch of ice or something spun 180 almost hit 3 cars then ended up backward right up next to the median. This could have been much worse, but between luck, the ski gods, and my driving skills we were able to make it to the mountain on time.

Still scary though... as soon as I got out of my car to see the damage, my first thought was if I'd still be able to make it to CB to ski for the day... :yes Then my second thought was to see if lastdutchess was ok, then the ski's and finally... my car. :wiggle I guess that's how it goes...

------

:pirate ... got a lil captain in you?

yeah man. They always ruin all my fun. With all the plowing and what not. I'd much prefer them to leave a good 3 feet on the roads!

Clear the roads...it gets you to the mountain quicker. I've spent 6 hours in the car trying to get to the Poconos during a storm. Totally worth it, the next day were some of the best conditions at CB.

my first thought was if I'd still be able to make it to CB to ski for the day... :yes Then my second thought was to see if lastdutchess was ok, then the ski's and finally... my car. :wiggle I guess that's how it goes...

I should be offended that I was your second thought, but I won't lie, my first thought was get this car out of this mess so I can get out on the slopes...

I vote for partially clearing the roads... it'll stop the people who are afraid to be out there, but it won't stop us.

What make/model car are you putting chains on?

ford taurs wagon 96 :banghead

I hope we get dumped on so much and spring never comes. I recently read a weather book at the Allentown library and I read about the winter of 1816. Due to a massive volcano eruption not as much of the suns rays hit the north east and 1816 was called the year without a summer in the northeast. Snowfall in Massachusettes in July, wells freezing up in PA in mid summer. It's no urban legend. I would love that to happen again. Non-skiers would freak if they woke up to a foot of snow in June.

It would be bliss.