Camelback to Start Making Snow Tomorrow!

lurker

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lights are on now...But I think they are going to fire up the guns on meadows first...and the cam isn't facing that...

Looks like activity on top of Marjie's and to the right of cam (proll Meadows) with some snow blowing in front of cam every so often....they cut the sound so you can't hear it.

Looks like activity on top of Marjie's and to the right of cam (proll Meadows) with some snow blowing in front of cam every so often....they cut the sound so you can't hear it.

I totally agree with you..... but if you look to the left of the cam it looks like something is being blown over there

I totally agree with you..... but if you look to the left of the cam it looks like something is being blown over there

At least they got something goin on. :)

They usually start at top of mountain and work down as it gets colder they can turn more guns on, its got something to do with the amount of compressed air. The colder it is the less air they need.

Just got back from CB.

They are blowing on meadows, coolmoor, marjies, nile and honey moon lane (as a way back from over by nile?!?!?). They may have been blowing on more, I didn't take the time to find a good spot to stop, and I was driving...

Coolmoor was the only area I could really see the snow clearly. They had a half inch cover at best. Not bad for only a few hours of blowing though. I'll try and take a trip out tomorrow and find out more.

Thats what I saw. After looking at the trail map again, there must have been blowing else where, but thats all I saw... hopefully better report tomorrow... if CB's site doesn't beat me to it.

Just got back from CB.

They are blowing on meadows, coolmoor, marjies, nile and honey moon lane (as a way back from over by nile?!?!?). They may have been blowing on more, I didn't take the time to find a good spot to stop, and I was driving...

Coolmoor was the only area I could really see the snow clearly. They had a half inch cover at best. Not bad for only a few hours of blowing though. I'll try and take a trip out tomorrow and find out more.

Thats what I saw. After looking at the trail map again, there must have been blowing else where, but thats all I saw... hopefully better report tomorrow... if CB's site doesn't beat me to it.

I took a drive by this morning, they are blowing on all the bits you showed except Nile, no sign of anything over there. They're also blowing on upper marc anthony. Looks like a lot of trails to start with. :)

Cover at the base area and on coolmoor is starting to look pretty good.

Im suprised there not blowing in the park, they will surely have it open first day like they usually do.

Ah, american sarcasm. Never sure if it's real...

There was some sign of coverage in pipe surprisingly, it looked like more than just accidental blowover from the meadows.

Straight from the Camelback site.

"Snowmaking Operations Set to Begin Thursday, November 17th! TANNERSVILLE, PA?As colder temperatures take hold in the Pocono Mountains, Camelback Ski Area today announced that snowmaking for the 2005-2006 season will begin the night of Thursday, November 17, 2005. Click here for entire release."

They say in it that they don't plan on opening until early December, which sounds like a long time if they start tomorrow... I remember in years past them blowing snow for 4 days then opening, even though openings were pretty poor. Maybe this at least means they'll have a lot of trails on opening day! I hope so! Maybe they'll open December 3rd...

Just sittin at my desk with my skiis .. READY !!!!!!

GO CB

:rock

On there conditions page, it says there blowing on Mark, Marjies, LG (park and pipe)...nothing else from the top (NOT NM, or cleo)...Looks like opening day will be Marjies or mark or the park....

And uhh tubing will be open nov 25....I saw we ski down that

Oh man the camera looks so cool right now. You can see the oscillating fan guns at the base totally pumping out so much snow and other tower guns shooting snow everywhere.

Man I'm pumped.

I would bet that they are probably going to get good base on the trails they are blowing on right now, then expand out to other trails. It looks like they'll have plenty of time! Plus the park looks like its opening for sure from the very beginning. Woohoo!