Camelback to Start Making Snow Tomorrow!

lurker

Straight from the Camelback site.

"Snowmaking Operations Set to Begin Thursday, November 17th! TANNERSVILLE, PA?As colder temperatures take hold in the Pocono Mountains, Camelback Ski Area today announced that snowmaking for the 2005-2006 season will begin the night of Thursday, November 17, 2005. Click here for entire release."

They say in it that they don't plan on opening until early December, which sounds like a long time if they start tomorrow... I remember in years past them blowing snow for 4 days then opening, even though openings were pretty poor. Maybe this at least means they'll have a lot of trails on opening day! I hope so! Maybe they'll open December 3rd...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definenlty! The long term forcast according to accuweather currently has every single low below 28 degrees for the next 15 days. A lot of the days are around 25 or 22 degrees. Of course it will probably change a bit as time goes on, but for now its sweeeeeeet.

I believe Elk will also pump up their guns tomorrow. Being up north, they have a 3-5 degree jump start on CB. It takes them longer to open trails, but they will have more chances at around the clock snowmaking. I look for their guns to fire up tomorrow mid-afternoon and an early december start to the season...

What joy this morning hearing a crunch as I opened my car door and realized it was FROZEN.

I've been delighted that November has been warm as it usually means the following month is cold and that times it perfectly for the resorts to open a weekend or two early.

I hope CB blowing snow now means that they can open with a lot more trails than they did last year.