Snow at CB

Luke

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they have.

There is probably a thread around about past opening dates...But I don't recall anything in Nov.

They were definitely open for Thanksgiving one year when we had the place in the Village. I never skied there in November, but there were folks skiing that weekend.

They were definitely open for Thanksgiving one year when we had the place in the Village. I never skied there in November, but there were folks skiing that weekend.

I hope they open by next weekend.. with like round the clock snowmaking this week I think they will

Went for pictures for passes yesterday (Tuesday 22nd). Here's where I saw evidence of snow blowing: Margie's, Upper Marc, Middle Cleo, Honeymoon, Home Again, Meadows & the 1/2 pipe. Yup! "We've got SEVEN :P trails open!!" Oh, I forgot, the tubing park also had piles of snow, too. Im glad they have snow and cant wait to get out there. :rock

Tannersville (18372). Sorry this is the camelback board so I figured it was self explanatory.

Yeah but what im wondering is how warm it will actually get. When ever they say its gonna get into the 50's it usually only gets into the 40's at camelback.

Yea you have a good point. What I've noticed at CB is that weather.com always shows temps that are a little higher than what actually happens and accuweather.com is usually better at getting the right forecast. Lets hope they can at least blow during the night through most of next week. It looks like Sunday is when things will get a little warm but than again any forecasts more than three days ahead are mostly guesstimating (like my sophisticated vocab? :) ) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by Luke

Yeah I defently agree with you there. I was looking at the forcast on weather.com and its not looking to promising. But with any luck they will be able to blow at night. Mabey even with this new owner he may take a couple of chances and use the real power of Camelback's snowmaking system, after all hasn't he already ?? :yes

Lets just hope that luke doesn't use any more complacated vocab words :wiggle:wiggle:wiggle