Snow at CB

Luke

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The started blowing last night around 10 I think, I was watching the cam (yes I know I'm a little obsessed) and saw 4 guys ride out the snowmobiles and start flipping switches. The next thing you know there is snow flying everywhere. Now they already have plethora (MAD vocab skills :) ) of snow so if the weather cooperates, 12/3 will be the opening day and not a bad one at that.

Edited by Luke

The started blowing last night around 10 I think, I was watching the cam (yes I know I'm a little obsessed) and saw 4 guys ride out the snowmobiles and start flipping switches. The next thing you know there is snow flying everywhere. Now they already have plethora (MAD vocab skills :) ) of snow so if the weather cooperates, 12/3 will be the opening day and not a bad one at that.

Im gonna agree with you one the openind date

i'm ganna say the 9th or 10th for opening day, they have been blowing like crazy when ever possible and even pushing it at times i believe, but like others have said it's supossed to warm up, now we can all hope it doesn't but if it does i'd say a good inch or two will melt if not more(it looks rather deep so i'm hoping that it holds alot) if they keep the guns on, turn them off when they absolutly need to and then get them back on as soon as the temps go below frezzing they should be okay but i think the 3rd is pushing it a little, but maybe not

I would say that to be a fair guess on opening day, seems like its usually a Thurs or Friday before the weekend but the weather looks a little warm so if I were to bet I would say the 3rd too.

If they do like they do in other places, they will blow big piles of snow while they can "snow farm" get past the warm weather this week then push the stuff arround when it gets cold again then open.

haha, ok well, i dont have great news, just normal stuff i guess.

they have alot of snow at the base, 5 or 6 feet, the lowest spot is like 3 feet. once they push the snow around and all, they should have a pretty thick base, around 4-5 feet.

one of the "snow techs" talked to us, theyre pretty nice, didnt bitch about us being there or anything. we got to talkin about the hotter temps. all i could get out of him was that they wont be able to blow on saturday. well, what does that mean?

so i didnt really get any info on anything except that they have a deep base. they are also blowing on most of the right side of the mountain. marjies was brought up. theyre blowing on laurel too. basically, everything on the right side.

thats all i got. i had fun whippin around in the parking lot full of snow though.

no word on opening dates though. sorry guys

edit: OH! he did say that there is enough snow for them to open now, "but who would want to ski that many trails"

Edited by Shadows

Ok so even though I would like to ski as early as possible I think the new owner/snow making crew are going in the right direction. If you remember past years they opened up with like 5 trails. Well with these 5 trails handling all of the traffic conditions got pretty crappy very quick. So by opening up with, lets say 15 trails, the skier traffic is more spread out, thus far saving the conditions of the mountian going south so quick....

no just open as soon as possible. Enless its icy out I dont care about conditions. And in this case you will mainly just get a bunch of sugar/corn snow. two years ago when they opened on the 11th they had birches, laurel, king tut, meadows, and marjies I think, all leading into one trail. It was fun and it kept me occupied the whole day.

I'm pretty sure tonight is the last night of any major snowmaking untill next Thursday at the earliest (if the forecast is correct). I'm really starting to think 10th is gonna be the opening day, especially cuz the management seems to think that opening with more trails will be much better. I'm kind of going to agree with them on that one. As much as I would love to ride next weekend, I'm willing to wait and give them the benefit fo the doubt, especially seeing that they've been making very good improvements to the mountain and parks already. So hopefully this stuff won't melt that much during next week and than they'll start blowing a lot more and in 12-14 days we'll be pillaging CB :)

no just open as soon as possible. Enless its icy out I dont care about conditions. And in this case you will mainly just get a bunch of sugar/corn snow. two years ago when they opened on the 11th they had birches, laurel, king tut, meadows, and marjies I think, all leading into one trail. It was fun and it kept me occupied the whole day.

Thats exactly how i think..If you can open..DO IT. No sense in not. I was starting to like this new managment but...

Thats exactly how i think..If you can open..DO IT. No sense in not. I was starting to like this new managment but...

with the warm weather coming in, i think it would actually work for them to blow a lot of snow while they can, instead of opening. that way, they may lose alot of snow, but will still have a good base. and the new management is great. i was sold just by the park improvements.