WOW!!!!!! Bear Might actually blow some snow...

emsp4life

The lights are actually on for once.... Just like them to be 2 steps behind with snow making.... And of course they wait till it's gonna be warm out again next week... Dan the head snowmaker there is still as bright as when I worked there 3 yrs. ago. Who says you gain from experience?

Edited by emsp4life

The lights were on last weekend when I went for new boots. If I were them I wouldn't start now because they wasted all the good days when the could have put down a lot to atleast havesome left after the warm streak. If they start now the warm streak will take most of it away, and thats just a waste of money.

They like wasting money. Atleast that's what I learned the 4 yrs. I worked there. They'll be okay if they blow some piles and don't push them. But if they try to push them with the cat, then they'll be screwed...

Edited by emsp4life

they really fell behind on this one. everywhere else has been making snow all week. blue could be open tomorrow if they wanted to be.

JF / BB is right behind with them. I read somewhere that JF is under new management. Either way, they wasted a lot of great nights to make snow. Maybe JF and BC are in a contest to see who could open last!!

Maybe theres a lil more going on here then u realize, plus wed rather have good conditions then the ones the other hills always have, Dans on top of it and so are the other guys, well open in good time if not before others so dont worry bout it

I know Dan is good at what he does. Sometimes !!!!! He has proved himself a great deal the last few years, with the good conditions he has provided. I'll hold you to opening in goodtime though this year. Seeing as what very little snow they have we defintely be losted Tues.-Wens. forsure, if it's not already. Which means they more less gotta start all over. Spring even started blowing before BC which is bad, seeing how they are further south then BC and the weather there is a few degrees warmer. A few degrees makes a big deference.....

Just to clarify....

Bear Creek didn't start blowing snow as early as some other mountains, but that doesn't mean we don't know what we're doing. It only takes us 4-5 days to have enough snow to open because we have more snowguns per acre than any other mountain in PA. And we don't open with just one or two trails, we open 90-95% of the mountain. Also, last year Bear Creek was the first to open and the last to close for the season. We were also the only mountain (other than Seven Springs) to not close during the January warm spell last winter. I think these examples show that the staff here does know what they're doing, so please don't worry that we won't have enough snow to open early enough for a great season.

Just to clarify....

Bear Creek didn't start blowing snow as early as some other mountains, but that doesn't mean we don't know what we're doing. It only takes us 4-5 days to have enough snow to open because we have more snowguns per acre than any other mountain in PA. And we don't open with just one or two trails, we open 90-95% of the mountain. Also, last year Bear Creek was the first to open and the last to close for the season. We were also the only mountain (other than Seven Springs) to not close during the January warm spell last winter. I think these examples show that the staff here does know what they're doing, so please don't worry that we won't have enough snow to open early enough for a great season.

:rock:rock:clap

So Bear Creak is opening with 90-95 percent of the runs...that sounds like BS. You guys were not the first to open and last to close for the season last year. Maybe first in Berks county. Blue mountain never closed during the January cold spell and had 29 of 30 runs open throughout. The staff at Bear Creek is good at making up stuff that's untrue.

If you would like, go back and check the records from any reputable snow reporting organization. Bear Creek opened last season on the 19th of December and stayed open until Easter Sunday, which was March 27th. I assure you that I am not making up lies about Bear Creek.

If you would like, go back and check the records from any reputable snow reporting organization. Bear Creek opened last season on the 19th of December and stayed open until Easter Sunday, which was March 27th. I assure you that I am not making up lies about Bear Creek.

yous deffinently werent the first to open. blue opened last year on the 17th.

I'm not on here to argue Blue Mountain versus Bear Creek. I've said in the past that I have respect for all of the other mountains in the industry. If Blue Mountain opened a day or two earlier than us last year, then I apologize, I had my information wrong. However, Bear Creek did open with 95% of our trails. If there are some of you out there that don't like Bear Creek and don't appreciate how far we've come in the past 7 years, that's fine. We can't please everyone, no matter how hard we try. However, for those of you who are Bear Creek fans, we appreciate your support and look forward to our best season yet with our awesome snowmaking capabilities and our second-to-none base facilities.

Bearcreek chick, I appreciate your respond and I don't mean to come down hard on you or Bear Creek. I also appreciate the fact that you admitted that the info was wrong. So Bear Creek opened on December 19th with all but one run open? You guys must have the areas best snowmaking system by far to be able to pull that off. Can any other Bear Creak skiers verify that they opened with 95 percent last season?

As the Public Relations Manager at Bear Creek, I promise you that Bear Creek did in fact open on December 19th with 95% of our mountain open. And yes, we are very proud of our snowmaking system here at the mountain. I would like to personally invite you to come out on opening day (I'll leave you a lift ticket at Guest Services) and let you see for yourself how far Bear Creek has come. Let me know if you want to take me up on that offer.

Thanks for the info on Bear, I'm glad you guys are getting going for the season!

I think most of the people on the board know BC is one of the best managed mountains around, and really knows how to do what they do.

Don't mind the folks around here... they still haven't gotten their snow fix for the season and can be a bit anal.

Keep us informed of your progress!

As the Public Relations Manager at Bear Creek, I promise you that Bear Creek did in fact open on December 19th with 95% of our mountain open. And yes, we are very proud of our snowmaking system here at the mountain. I would like to personally invite you to come out on opening day (I'll leave you a lift ticket at Guest Services) and let you see for yourself how far Bear Creek has come. Let me know if you want to take me up on that offer.

I wanna take you up, And see how far they have come since i worked there in 03 , Cause other then the fall festival that was the last time i was there. Since all these BIG changes

When i started this post i wasn't real all about knocking bear creek. I worked there for 4 yrs. I even dressed in a freaking chibaca outfit and boarded around for them. I love the mountain. I was just suprised that they weren't making snow when all the other mountains were....

Edited by emsp4life

Bear is small and and has great snowmaking capabilities, when they open they definitley have most of the mt. open. I had a pass there last year, as well as this year and can vouch that when they open most of the mt. is open. The only run that takes time to put together is timberline b/c it takes a lot of snowmaking to put in all the banked turns and such. Does Bear Creek open for night riding right away like Blue does? , I forget.

Elk stayed open till April Last year, I just cut the old ticket off my jacket.

The vertical claim of 510ft. is off by about 100ft also.

guys bear knows what there doing.. i mean its not like they frogot to blow snow there was some reason.. whats the reason for bashing the mountain. the place is the shit and you should know it. they progressed all the local parks like no other. even if you are not a BC fan they know what they are doin ghere and im sure they will open at about the same time as the other mountains and with a park.

You guys must have the areas best snowmaking system by far to be able to pull that off. Can any other Bear Creak skiers verify that they opened with 95 percent last season?

I'll speak for BC....

Let me know if you want to take me up on that offer.

Yo Doug.... Put up or Sh###t up! BC rocks, if I had the money, i would fire certain GM's and transplant Mark to a bigger mountain. I shop very hard and there are very good reasons why I have a season pass (amongst an other) BC rules!!!

i'll be their hell or high water opening day. but i have a pass so that wont be needed.

Thanks for the info on Bear, I'm glad you guys are getting going for the season!

I think most of the people on the board know BC is one of the best managed mountains around, and really knows how to do what they do.

Don't mind the folks around here... they still haven't gotten their snow fix for the season and can be a bit anal.

Keep us informed of your progress!

i noticed i have calmed down a lot sceince i got my snowfix. and all that pent up engery for the snow let out.

I'll speak for BC....

Yo Doug.... Put up or Sh###t up! BC rocks, if I had the money, i would fire certain GM's and transplant Mark to a bigger mountain. I shop very hard and there are very good reasons why I have a season pass (amongst an other) BC rules!!!

absolutely...take that GM and put him anywhere else in PA with over a 700 ft. vert. and the place would be amazing. Let the developer they used build condos on the mountain, instead of just a lodge and I would buy one in a second.

Edited by poconoceancity