Greek Peak

Ski4Food

Hey Ya'll,

I would just like to welcome you too the newst topic on PASR!

It's all about Greek Peak here,

So if you have questions, comments, or are just looking to stay up to date on what's going on at the peak, well then you're in the right place!

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful season!

THINK SNOW!

How about giving other PA mountain discounts similiar to the one offered to BC pass holders. It might get some of us up there.

We're looking to do that in the future. We wanted to choose a mountain that we didn't really compete with. Once we weeded those few out we were only left with a handful of options, and then from that bunch BC was the only one who decided to get on board.

BC is all we're offering this year, but look for reciprocal agreements with other mountains in the forthcoming years!

If you'd like a more in depth reason as to why we're not partnered with more mountains, personal message me and I'll give you the low down!

Thanks for the question and the input! It's good to hear stuff like that!

College Students or those soon to be!

Come to Greek this year and see what it's all about!

If you like it, get a pass before October 16th of next year for only $129

If you come 3 times you pay for it!

It's a great deal and something to keep in mind!

If you really like Greek we're selling the college passes now for $239

Remember...

Skiing and Riding is much more fun that school work!

Oh snap, I think I know where I'm getting my second season pass for next year :).

Of course I'll have to give it a sampling before I drop $129, but thats hardly anything compared to the other season pass prices. Awsome college discount! Thanks for the heads up.

We're looking to do that in the future. We wanted to choose a mountain that we didn't really compete with. Once we weeded those few out we were only left with a handful of options, and then from that bunch BC was the only one who decided to get on board.

BC is all we're offering this year, but look for reciprocal agreements with other mountains in the forthcoming years!

If you'd like a more in depth reason as to why we're not partnered with more mountains, personal message me and I'll give you the low down!

Remember...

Thanks for the up front answer! I'm sure people will appreciate the honesty.

Remember...

makes sense, for the more northern resorts: Elk and Montage, but traditionally Greek Peak opens earlier and closes later than most PA resorts. I'm sure with the added incentive more of us would make the trip up pre or post season. Thanks for the response and that college deal is well worth it at $129 it won't dissapoint anyone.

Bummer that you guys won't be open this week, though...I heard a lot of people today hoping to come back Monday because PA schools are closed.

Pocono schools are closed...

Down by philly they don't give us the first day of hunting season off...

Bummer that you guys won't be open this week, though...I heard a lot of people today hoping to come back Monday because PA schools are closed.

Yeah it is a shame we won't be open this week. We're expecting some unfortunate unseasonal temperatures and snow's worst enemy (rain) early this week. And I don't care who you are, no one wants to ski one decent run in the rain. Especially in November.

This weekend was BEAUTIFUL! Lots of fresh snow on Saturday and an empty mountain today. Overall Greek had a strong showing for opening weekend. The mountain plans to reopen next weekend, and hopefully remain open every day for the remainder of the season.

Check back, and I'll keep everyone up to date!

Don't forget!

December 24th is SKI FREE day at Greek Peak.

With the donation of one canned food you'll get a free lift ticket! :yes

We'll be open 9-5, so get you shopping done early and come on up and ski for free before the fat guy in the red suit comes!

I would ski in the rain, on one trail, in Novemeber...Beats skiing in the rain, on one trail in Febuary ;) But I have 'school'. I think Ski999 is just bummed cause his little 5 year old is now crying since she can't go to greek peak...or uhh somethign like that ;)

Anyway, you should make Ski Free day an all season thing for PASR members ;)

Did I read your message right? Did you venture up to Greek this weekend?

If so, tell me your thoughts! I'd love to hear about your experience!

And if you were up to the mountain, I'll apologize ahead of time for the large group of instructors learning to ski switch in the middle of Stoic this afternoon!

Thanks,

and...

THINK SNOW!

Anyway, you should make Ski Free day an all season thing for PASR members ;)

I'll mention that in my sales meeting tomorrow...

Can't make you any promises, other than I'll get laughed at, but I'll let you know how it goes!

Did I read your message right? Did you venture up to Greek this weekend?

If so, tell me your thoughts! I'd love to hear about your experience!

And if you were up to the mountain, I'll apologize ahead of time for the large group of instructors learning to ski switch in the middle of Stoic this afternoon!

Every mountain is filled with ITC people this time of year...I was up Sunday for 10 quick runs. But I was bringing my 5yr old up today, Monday...instead, we're heading to Belleayre.

Rain? I'm with 'Dude on that one. Wipe your goggles with a little shampoo ahead of time (or RainEx) and it's not an issue. Rain just keeps the lift lines short...

The Snow Pack At Greek Survived The Spring like temps and the rain that would have had Noah putting on a lifejacket.

We're hoping for some cooler temps the rest of the week, and a couple good nights for Snowmaking. Winter is coming back in Central NY, and we should be open for the weekend! :wiggle

Check back often for more updates!

Bad News Folks...

The higher ups have pushed opening day back to December 9th.

The weather isn't cooperating with us, so snow making is not an option at this point. The ground is also VERY wet, and very not frozen, so getting any type of snow to stick to it would be a chore.

Check back for more updates. I'll keep you posted!

:(

How is Blue opening tomorrow, when they are over 100 miles south of GP and the base elevation is about 1000 ft lower. They must have one kickass snow making crew.

162 miles!

So, uh, any Greek Peak staff coming down to the Poconos for some great skiing this weekend? :)

162 miles!

So, uh, any Greek Peak staff coming down to the Poconos for some great skiing this weekend? :)

It actually just started snowing here! The lake effect bands are puking on us right now, so I'm gonna go climb in bed and say my snow prayers and hope for a re-opening this weekend!

If not a trip down south may be in order for this weekend. I know the rest of the NY mountains took a beating, so we'll see. I may just get an oppurtunity to ski in PA afterall!

Goodluck and have a great opening weekend! It's been a long time coming!

"How is Blue opening tomorrow, when they are over 100 miles south of GP and the base elevation is about 1000 ft lower. They must have one kickass snow making crew."

Yeah Blue has totally surprised us this year with how quickly they are trying to open. A week or two ago all the talk for "first to open" was about Shawnee. Now Shawnee isn't opening till the 9th. Blue must have taken alot of hints over the past couple seasons because this is starting to look like a really progressive year for them. With the new freeride ski program, all the work on their park and pipe features, and a few other improvements, hopefully this will continue and we can expect the improvements to keep coming. Sure there are still complaints, all the positive things Blue has done in the pre-season have me stoked for a solid season.

Greek Peak will be re-opening on Friday December 9th from 9:30-4

We'll have 4 runs open as well as the progression park on lower Pollux.

Saturday we will be opening more terrain, and we will continue snow-making all over the mountain as long as temperatures permit!

Call the snow phone or check back here often for more details! 1-800-365-7669

Hope to see you out there!

:rock