Blue-Tomorow-12/15/05

nick malozzi

I am finally going to be done with my finals tomorow as of noon. I am running to work to pick up a pay check and punch in for about an hour or two. After that i am on my way to Blue to finally pick up my season pass. Do you think with this weather it will be worth while for me to stick around and do a few runs? I really want to because they will be my first of the season, but i also don't want to waste my time. I could be back at my apartment celebrateing the end of the semester and getting smashed instead. So i guess i just want to hear what everyone thinks, and if anyone is going to be makeing the attempt at going as well?

hmmm that report worries me. jeff is a total die hard, so it takes a lot to keep him off the mountain.

well i'm going up there to pick up my season pass anyway. i guess i will just decide after i take care of that.

let me know though if any of you are planning on going. as of now i am flying solo tomorow. so i will be looking for people to ride with.

i'll be back again on sunday though, hopefully this time with a blonde ski bunny by my side.

hmmm that report worries me. jeff is a total die hard, so it takes a lot to keep him off the mountain.

well i'm going up there to pick up my season pass anyway. i guess i will just decide after i take care of that.

let me know though if any of you are planning on going. as of now i am flying solo tomorow. so i will be looking for people to ride with.

i'll be back again on sunday though, hopefully this time with a blonde ski bunny by my side.

Tomorrow is my first day off, So i Won't be there, I need one day or rest for every 14 days i ski :nana

Nick, I just got back from Blue. It was crap, snow was hard and rough and not fun for a skier, I'm taking my first day off tomorrow, i need to rest from 14 straight ski days in a row...

are you serious right now? it was sooooo good tonight with 2-3 inches of fresh snow making all the runs nice... it only started to suck once it changed over to sleet and freezing rain and thats when i decided to peace out of there...

and AtomicSkier.... i think i saw you carving some turns across the rollers while i was sliding the first box and mailbox in the park...

are you serious right now? it was sooooo good tonight with 2-3 inches of fresh snow making all the runs nice... it only started to suck once it changed over to sleet and freezing rain and thats when i decided to peace out of there...

and AtomicSkier.... i think i saw you carving some turns across the rollers while i was sliding the first box and mailbox in the park...

Yes I'm serious. I was there from 3:30 until 5:30 and it was complete crap. If you thought tonight was good, I considered tonight my worst trip to Blue so far this year, by far. Maybe I've been spoiled by 13 days of GREAT skiing at Blue, but even at 4pm freezing rain was coming down. When the precipitation STINGS when it hits your face, it certaintly isn't snow. There was a hard crust starting to form on everything, Switchback being just rubbish (first day could be the culprit of that) but I'm taking tomorrow off and I'll be back out on Saturday morning at 7:30.... :rock

Yeah I met and chatted with atomic for all of 20 seconds, nice kid. I thought you would like that ice on Lazy atomic? Like John (Toast), I thought conditions were great. There were some spots the groomers could've taken a bit more time on, but what else is new. The park is set up great, the mountain was empty, and I would argue that the freezing rain didn't start until around 6. Awesome night at blue.

Yeah I met and chatted with atomic for all of 20 seconds, nice kid. I thought you would like that ice on Lazy atomic? Like John (Toast), I thought conditions were great. There were some spots the groomers could've taken a bit more time on, but what else is new. The park is set up great, the mountain was empty, and I would argue that the freezing rain didn't start until around 6. Awesome night at blue.

Maybe it was me, or my tuning, but I didn't like that kind of ice on Lazy Mile. I like the scraped off kinda ice, that's hiding below the loose snow, that's my kinda ice. This was just slippery, non grippy stuff. I try to lay down an arc, a hard/low one EVERY time, and when I can't do that, it's a crappy day for me. I couldn't do it on Switchback, wasn't gripping/getting enough speed on Lazy, Main Street was OK, but still wasn't the snow I was looking for. Doug and I have had much better ripping nights. I don't care how much snow there was (cause there wasn't too much when I was there). I care about being able to tip the ski on high edge, and just let it arc, hard. Tonight wasn't the night. Two nights ago was.

well hopefully i will run into whoever is there tomorow.

burton dominant, white custom bindings. black pants, mainly green jacket long blonde hair (not sure if you will be able to tell that though). just say hi. peace.

your hair is long now? i remember that time you shaved the lightening bolts for spirit week :lol:

I may actually be there tomorrow, maybe ill see you there man

"This was just slippery, non grippy stuff. I try to lay down an arc, a hard/low one EVERY time, and when I can't do that, it's a crappy day for me."

Considering I took a file to my edges the other night on my brand new skis and put a 45 degree bevel on them, I wouldn't know anything about sharper edges. But it sounds like you could use some. Maybe you need some Dynastars? haha

"This was just slippery, non grippy stuff. I try to lay down an arc, a hard/low one EVERY time, and when I can't do that, it's a crappy day for me."

Considering I took a file to my edges the other night on my brand new skis and put a 45 degree bevel on them, I wouldn't know anything about sharper edges. But it sounds like you could use some. Maybe you need some Dynastars? haha

45 degree bevel? are you kidding me? That's not even possible w/ the sidewall. I've skied plenty of twin's, nothing grips like a race ski :nana

Im running a 1 base / 3 side, and that's pretty aggressive. :yes

Haha yeah I said the wrong thing. I meant I took a file, held it at a 45 degree angle, and just ground away at my underfoot edge until I deemed it dull enough.

As for twins not gripping as hard as race skis.... When mine where brand new I was scrapping hip when I was at Okemo. This is without any riser plates etc... A good percentage of people with racing bred skis can't even ski the boards in the way they were designed to be. Tonight I kinda wished I woulda had my edges back when I was on lazy, straightlining is lame. Haha in ten years I wanna be on skis no less than 100mm wide and skiing 20+ inches of pow as much as possible.