Volklfreeskier vs. Rob

Ski

An official challenge has been made by Volklfreeskier...he says Rob just isn't that good. We don't punch people here on this board (got that MS :D ) no matter how much some people may deserve it.

We settle it on the hill.

I know nothing about Volklfreeskier, although I seem to recall he dissed Montage once...but that's okay, we don't mind.

My money is on Volklfreeskier...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isnt Volklfreeskier that homo that stole my original signature, which forced me to change my to this gay ass thing cause i cant think of nething else to put? If thats him I vote rob.

yea that would be him gurp.

im going with papa on this one.

I was wondering what happened to that, Gurp. That sorta sucks. I may have put it another way :D

I have never seen Voklfreeskier ski, soim gonna go with pappaon this one, but if i saw voklfreeskier, then that might change.

Also what kind of race are we talking about, gates or tuck straight down the hill?

I believe Voklfreeskier was talking NASTAR...downhills are a little sketchy on weekends at CB.

My money's on....

ME.

Because:

1.) Rob's semi-fast, but I think I can take him

2.) I'm sick of people confusing me for a CB instructor just cause I have a red spyder jacket

3.) Rob said his son would whoop me last time... I know he's fast, but he's half my age.

4.) I love dusting ski instructors

5.) I'm really hungry for a win as I'm making my comeback

no offense to either rob, or volkl... you both have awesome pairs of skis... lol

See ya saturday kiddies.

Took a nice fast carving run with rob down Raceway last time...

Scaring kids is fun.

Why would a Camelback employee want to race Papasteeze... :banghead:lol:rofl

I guess since I told him that I thought employees should park in lots farthest away since he is an employee of CB and he said something like "no, We don't get paid enough to park in the back" - I then said something like "you are lazy and customer unfriendly" he now thinks that he should race me to see who is the laziest.. :confused Ski999 is having fun with it.

Funny now that I think about it. I get far more aerobic activity and winded from walking up those parking lots than I do skiing around some gates.

As the season progresses. Why not use Nastars' system? I know that there are suspect handicap days, but every one gets more of a chance to get one of those days the more you race..

Two things are clear this morning:

Rob continues to be :confused

and

Metz is in.

But lemme tell ya' Metz, age has nothing to do with it. Lots of boys as young as 8 or 9 go through what is only half jokingly called the low center of gravity stage. The kids that can carve a turn yet don't have a lot of weight pulling them out of their line are rabbits down a course. Ridge is among the top 40 J4's in Eastern PA, which means he can take every recreational racer that wanders over to a NASTAR course by a ridiculous amount of time.

Now Rob, on the other hand, has gotten cocky with his new race skis. His excuse days of twin tips are gone. If you race, then you are a racer.

Now Rob, on the other hand, has gotten cocky with his new race skis. His excuse days of twin tips are gone. If you race, then you are a racer.

Hey! My confidence is growing, I am a bit of a broke neck and rehab is taking longer and longer. I wouldn't call it cocky by any means. I have always been a recreational skier. This year I decided to get some "turny slalom skis" and see what it was like. BTW the Mega Demo Day at Whitetail was AWESOME!! 8 tents set up - I tried 4 sets of skis.

Anyway, I think I typed that I want to beat Ridge just once and that is my goal this season. He says no way. I am not interested in spending a "ski day" with ASRA or the other orgs... yet. Nastar currently offers me a perfect venue to get a small thrill of racing. I'll run some gates with Ridge Wednesday night at BC.

Hmmmm.. I think I will wear the speed suit and dress him in my ski jacket. OH!! "Here Ridge let me tune your skis" :devil::lol::lol:

Edited by Papasteeze

Well, Rob, I hope you at least make it through more gates than Bode did before crashing in yesterday's slalom.

I sense, though, that Voklfreeskier will back out when he realizes it's NASTAR. He trashed your technique and skills, but I have a feeling that he doesn't see making arced GS turns as "skills". The purest form of ski carving is a giant slalom turn, especially when it's a basic NASTAR course.

I bet he disappears for a week or two.

Metz is very, VERY in. Ski999, I do realize just how fast Ridge is... and he's really, REALLY fast. I don't like anyone beating me, whether its volkl, rob, ridge, that guy Bernie that can ski 56 mph, my grandmother, or bode. After saturday I've got that fire burning... I got home from work and got on the stationary bike for an hour today. Hopefully we'll see the A-Game on Sat.

The kids that can carve a turn yet don't have a lot of weight pulling them out of their line are rabbits down a course.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that from a start point, that mass in relation to surface area corresponding to the surface area of a ski (resistence). Assuming that all other things are equal, that theoretically, they would arrive at the end point at the same time?

Metz is very, VERY in. Ski999, I do realize just how fast Ridge is... and he's really, REALLY fast. I don't like anyone beating me, whether its volkl, rob, ridge, that guy Bernie that can ski 56 mph, my grandmother, or bode. After saturday I've got that fire burning... I got home from work and got on the stationary bike for an hour today. Hopefully we'll see the A-Game on Sat.

Ha, you go for it, Metz. As long as you are willing to put in the work and stay at it, then you'll never be a loser. Good for you.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that from a start point, that mass in relation to surface area corresponding to the surface area of a ski (resistence). Assuming that all other things are equal, that theoretically, they would arrive at the end point at the same time?

Nope.